Anthony Lee Visiting April 11th

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
I know there's some stuff about him in the potential transfer's thread but I thought he deserved one of his own. Anthony Lee is a 6'9 PF out of Temple who is a 5th year senior and is immediately eligible next season (same situation as Kane). He averaged 13.6 ppg and 8.6 rpg this season and has many big time suitors after him and we are the only scheduled visit so far.

Here's a little video from this season to see what he's all about and his development over the years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiowQpeF6eQ

And a couple article links..
http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/03/18/could-temple-transfer-anthony-lee-be-a-fit-for-iu/
http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/3/20/5526506/anthony-lee-transfer-rumors-maryland-basketball-news

He wants to make his decision in the next few weeks and move to the midwest so his parents (who live in the Quad Cities) can attend his games. He also wants to play for a program with exposure and one that can help take him get to the next level.

Lee would immediately give us one of, if not the most talented front courts in the B12 and the nation next year. There's going to be some competition for his services but the fact we're the only visit scheduled this far is a good sign. Lock him up Freddy!

BTW his twitter handle is @AntLee_3 for the twitter people. He's been getting a lot of Indiana attention and has really taken notice to that so don't be afraid to show him some love cyclONEnation!

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I think Anthony knows Fred can make sure he gets some looks. Hope he joins Cyclones Nation! Glad to have him!

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Only issue is I could see him being a little afraid of playing time with McKay, Niang, Hogue and Nader. But he would definitely compete right away for a starting job and could possibly earn one right away.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
He wants to make his decision in the next few weeks and move to the midwest so his parents (who live in the Quad Cities) can attend his games. He also wants to play for a program with exposure and one that can help take him get to the next level.

OK, I'm a homer, but I read that as "I want to go to Iowa State."

:spinny:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Anthony, come to ISU where you can face up, and watch the "master of mismatches" put you in a position to succeed and grow as a basketball player. Keep in mind that you'll be doing this in front of huge home crowds on your way to a high seed in the dance.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Only issue is I could see him being a little afraid of playing time with McKay, Niang, Hogue and Nader. But he would definitely compete right away for a starting job and could possibly earn one right away.

There would be a lot of guys, but still a lot of minutes to go around.

If you think that two of Morris/Custer/Long/Thomas would be on the floor, you still have three slots for:

Hogue
Nader
Niang
McKay
Lee

Could be a 9 man rotation. That's not including Edozie either who has progressed.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
He doesn't have to compete with McKay until semester. Hopefully he looks at that as a way to show he belongs on the floor before McKay puts in his 2 cents.

Would love to get this guy to Ames and committed.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
There would be a lot of guys, but still a lot of minutes to go around.

If you think that two of Morris/Custer/Long/Thomas would be on the floor, you still have three slots for:

Hogue
Nader
Niang
McKay
Lee

Could be a 9 man rotation. That's not including Edozie either who has progressed.

DEPTH! :jimlad:

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Not to ruin anyone's fun, but if you don't think Morris is starting next year you need your head checked.

Last edited:

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Dude just having fun and I'm not talking starting 5. But a fun super big line up with Niang at the point, Nader at the2, Houge the 3, McKay at the 4, and Lee at the 5. It'd sure as hell be fun to see once.

CycloneCarter

Jan 10, 2014
Zion
Dude just having fun and I'm not talking starting 5. But a fun super big line up with Niang at the point, Nader at the2, Houge the 3, McKay at the 4, and Lee at the 5. It'd sure as hell be fun to see once.
What are those position number things you speak of?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I do not see that at all. We lose a post that played 32 minutes a game, and have no posts to replace him first semester. He would almost be guaranteed major minutes, if not a a starting spot.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Not to ruin anyone's fun, but if you don't think Morris is not starting next year you need your head checked.

For once I can finally say Ejim won't start next year. The last three years there were many saying he wouldn't start in every potential line-up, yet here we are with the Big 12 player of the year.