New Fall Shows

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just wondering how others are viewing the newest batch of fall shows on tv.

Here are the ones I've checked out

CBS

We are Men - decent cast but not sure if it has staying power

Mom - like it, Glad Anna Faris is doing network tv, thought she would be pigeon holed as the scary movie chick the rest of her career.

Crazy Ones - Robin Williams is very good but not really liking Sarah Michelle Gellar's character

The ones I have yet to see are We are the Millers and new Michael j Fox show. Heard that the fox show isn't very good.

ISUpadre

Aug 2, 2013
USA! USA!
Brooklyn Nine Nine (Fox) - always like the silliness of Andy Samburg

The Blacklist (NBC) - James Spader is good. 1st 2 shows have been intriguing. Haven't totally decided yet.

Hostages (CBS) - Not sure yet. Only seen 1st 2 shows. Not sure where it's going yet.

Crazy Ones/Michael J Fox Show - 1st couple shows of each have been OK. Unsure of staying power in long run.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm digging We Are Men right now. But solely because I am recently divorced and can relate.

Pretty funny so far but I can see it tailing off after a season or so.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is great. Please start watching it so it doesn't get cancelled. It's not their fault it got saddled with a piece of **** like Dads as its lead-in.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is great. Please start watching it so it doesn't get cancelled. It's not their fault it got saddled with a piece of **** like Dads as its lead-in.
Lol that Dads looks god awful.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Brooklyn 99 has promise. Terry Crews steals the show IMO.

Dads is o.k. I don't see myself sticking with it unless it really picks up on the funny.

Caught the last 10 minutes of The Goldbergs last night. Will try to watch it again. I always liked Adam Goldberg and Jeff Garlin plays his dad.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Watched Dads the other night. Awful and has a laugh track to boot. How do you not capitalize on Giovani Ribisi and Seth Green? Awful.

I do like Sleep Hollow, The Goldbergs (80s stuff cracks me up), Hello Ladies (HBO), and SHIELD. I havent really bought in to much else yet.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
The only new network show I've checked out so far is Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, which I'm enjoying a lot so far.

My sister really enjoys Brookly 999, so I might have to give that a gander, although right now I don't have a whole lot of time for TV watching.

I have watched "Hello Ladies" on HBO, pretty funny stuff so far.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Watched Dads the other night. Awful and has a laugh track to boot. How do you not capitalize on Giovani Ribisi and Seth Green? Awful.

I do like Sleep Hollow, The Goldbergs (80s stuff cracks me up), Hello Ladies (HBO), and SHIELD. I havent really bought in to much else yet.

The Goldbergs is decent, I'll stick with it for a bit.

I had high hopes for Dad's as well with the cast, but it is god awful. I may give it one more chance, but I don't watch much tv so it will more than likely get cut.

The Black List is solid so far, only seen the first two though.

Haven't seen We are Men or nine nine.

Still mad they cancelled don't trust the b, that was pretty funny.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

By relying on all the cheap, lazy (and I'm assuming a little racist?) humor that keeps the Family Guy dollars rolling in?

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I watched Agents of Shield for the first time the other night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't got to see any episodes of Sleepy Hollow yet, but may watch a few episodes online tonight to see what I think.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The only new network show I've checked out so far is Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, which I'm enjoying a lot so far.

My sister really enjoys Brookly 999, so I might have to give that a gander, although right now I don't have a whole lot of time for TV watching.

I have watched "Hello Ladies" on HBO, pretty funny stuff so far.

Ha, yeah, forgot about Brooklyn, I like that one too. Its mindless cheese humor. I dig it.

Hello Ladies isnt necessarily gut busting humor, but I love the awkwardness of the main character trying to score. Reminds me a bit of Family Tree which is also a good HBO show.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I watched Agents of Shield for the first time the other night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't got to see any episodes of Sleepy Hollow yet, but may watch a few episodes online tonight to see what I think.

The first episode of Sleepy Hollow may lose you a bit, but the following ones get you hooked.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

I've only seen an episode and a half but Sleepy Hollow is now on the DVR along with The Black List. Fox has got a solid track record with "sci-fi"ish shows so I have high hopes for Sleepy Hollow

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Brooklyn 9-9 is my type of humor and my favorite new show. The only other new show I have seen that I liked was Blacklist.

I decided to watch Lucky 7's pilot episode after it had already been cancelled and holy cow that was bad. I have no idea how a show like that actually makes it to becoming a series.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Ha, yeah, forgot about Brooklyn, I like that one too. Its mindless cheese humor. I dig it.

Hello Ladies isnt necessarily gut busting humor, but I love the awkwardness of the main character trying to score. Reminds me a bit of Family Tree which is also a good HBO show.

Was :(. I'm pretty sure they've said it didn't get high enough ratings to come back.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I liked Brooklyn nine nine but I'm torn on it being canceled or not. Andre Braugher is wasted in that role. Can we keep the show and just replace him?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron