BREAKING: Maurice Jones not eligible - OLD THREAD

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
According to spokesman Mike Green, Maurice Jones is not eligible to play for Iowa State next season. He was not eligible when he left USC and according to NCAA rules, will not be eligible at Iowa State because of that. Iowa State made an appeal to the NCAA and lost.

Will write more later. Literally in my truck, pulled over typing this now as I drive to the Keg Stand.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Re: BREAKING: Maurice Jones not eligible

According to spokesman Mike Green, Maurice Jones is not eligible to play for Iowa State next season. He was not eligible when he left USC and according to NCAA rules, will not be eligible at Iowa State because of that. Iowa State made an appeal to the NCAA and lost.

Will write more later. Literally in my truck, pulled over typing this now as I drive to the Keg Stand.

Thank you for the update. I like where your priorities are at.

D

DistrictCyclone

LET THE BUBU PALO ERA BEGIN

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

We lost our MauJo.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland

I hope for his sake that he can figure things out academically. Much more important things than basketball in the long term.

That being said, we'll be pretty thin at PG next season. Trial by fire for the young guys. I have faith that Bubu will work hard to be a reliable starting point guard option, but I'm really hoping MM or Naz can step in and succeed.

D

DistrictCyclone

I love Bubu off the bench. Not sure if he is who you want to be your starting PG. I think he and Morris will be splitting a lot of time next year

You're probably right. IN FRED WE TRUST

WDMCyclone

Feb 5, 2013
WDM/Ames, Iowa

If Bubu keeps it up, I think he should be starting PG next year.. Great control with the ball and hasn't forced anything. Work on his 3pt shot and I would love him starting and sharing time with Morris.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

I hope for his sake that he can figure things out academically. Much more important things than basketball in the long term.

That being said, we'll be pretty thin at PG next season. Trial by fire for the young guys. I have faith that Bubu will work hard to be a reliable starting point guard option, but I'm really hoping MM or Naz can step in and succeed.

I don't think the plan is for Naz to be a PG. I think he'll be more of a combo. I'm sure he could play some minutes there in a pinch but I'm guessing Monte and Bubu will play the majority of minutes at PG for us next year.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland

I don't think the plan is for Naz to be a PG. I think he'll be more of a combo. I'm sure he could play some minutes there in a pinch but I'm guessing Monte and Bubu will play the majority of minutes at PG for us next year.

True, it slipped my mind that Naz is more of a combo guy. I'm anxious to see what Monte can do out there.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

If Bubu keeps it up, I think he should be starting PG next year.. Great control with the ball and hasn't forced anything. Work on his 3pt shot and I would love him starting and sharing time with Morris.

The reason ISU did not go after a PG to replace Jones is Bubu. Bubu is the 21st century version of Jacy Holloway. I'll be glad to have him starting at PG next year.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse

Theres gonna be a 5'11 walkon by the name of ISUCubswin that's going to take over the starting job of PG next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron