MU/ISU preview - Tiger style

Phenom

Nov 14, 2008
I'm sorry I didn't have time to stop in earlier this week. My site has a coupld MU/ISU previews up - of course, with a Tiger slant.

Are You Afraid of the Cyclones?

Mizzou-Iowa State Preview, Stats to Ponder

After years of following Big 8 and Big 12 football, I hadn't heard the Jack Trice story until this year. Wow - ISU was ahead of its time.

I am concerned about the game tomorrow. Not only did the Clones play Mizzou tough last year, but 2006 was a nightmare. Ames is a tough place to play.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at this comment....."I('m) not afraid about winning vs. losing, but I am afraid that ISU is a lock against the spread."

Unless of course, he was refering to the Vegas spread....

Phenom

Nov 14, 2008
I hadn't thought of that - nice.

I was reading a recap of the 2000 MU/ISU game and it referred to Mizzou's offense as a "spread." Way back in 2000. That offense was pretty darn stoppable.

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
I like this picture....
cyclone-1.jpg

Phenom

Nov 14, 2008
I like this picture....
cyclone-1.jpg

One of my fellow bloggers has become quite a hand at Photoshop. I sent him the pic of the Wizard of Oz tornado and asked him to show Mizzou defenders blown about. I thought he did a good job.

Yeah, the cyclone/tornado theme may seem a little trite to you folks, but ...

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
One of my fellow bloggers has become quite a hand at Photoshop. I sent him the pic of the Wizard of Oz tornado and asked him to show Mizzou defenders blown about. I thought he did a good job.

Yeah, the cyclone/tornado theme may seem a little trite to you folks, but ...

Actually, it reminds me of Colorado 2005. :wink: