Iowa's TE Kittle ran faster 40 than Lazard. Should move to TE

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Nah. Bench press means pretty much squat which is why it's not something Doyle focuses on with his guys. Scherff only knocked out 23 and was still drafted 5th and has already made a Pro Bowl. Pretty much the same with the 40, fun to talk about but not a very good metric which is why so many top WRs don't run blistering times.

In honor of this kind of thread:

THE BENCH PRESS AND THE SQUAT ARE NOT THE SAME THING HOK TROLL!

Do you even lift?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Be careful Hawks think squats are something you do in the outdoors away from the outhouse.

giphy.gif

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Nah. Bench press means pretty much squat which is why it's not something Doyle focuses on with his guys. Scherff only knocked out 23 and was still drafted 5th and has already made a Pro Bowl. Pretty much the same with the 40, fun to talk about but not a very good metric which is why so many top WRs don't run blistering times.

But 18 though? Guarantee you Mike Daniels worked on his bench press, so it is a little more important than Dole let's on. Rest of Jaleel's #'s were pretty pedestrian. However, I believe he will have an NFL career. Kettle will not. Get injured if/when he goes to a camp.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
But 18 though? Guarantee you Mike Daniels worked on his bench press, so it is a little more important than Dole let's on. Rest of Jaleel's #'s were pretty pedestrian. However, I believe he will have an NFL career. Kettle will not. Get injured if/when he goes to a camp.

If you think Jaleel's bp number is going to hurt his stock I think you're kidding yourself. There were like 25 OL at the 2015 combine who put up more reps than Scherff. Scherff went #5 overall. Combine is for NFL guys to look for standouts both good and bad, and then they go watch tape on those guys. Pretty sure if you asked ISU or Michigan O-linemen about Jaleel they'll tell you he's plenty strong. He'll go in the 3rd or 4th, at worst 5th. Guy's a beast, and Iowa has solid rep for DL.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Rural and CyTwins

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
If you think Jaleel's bp number is going to hurt his stock I think you're kidding yourself. There were like 25 OL at the 2015 combine who put up more reps than Scherff. Scherff went #5 overall. Combine is for NFL guys to look for standouts both good and bad, and then they go watch tape on those guys. Pretty sure if you asked ISU or Michigan O-linemen about Jaleel they'll tell you he's plenty strong. He'll go in the 3rd or 4th, at worst 5th. Guy's a beast, and Iowa has solid rep for DL.
Well, Mayock said if he wants to know how a B1G DL might do in NFL, he checks Wisconsin tape, so I'll check that one on Jaleel.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Well, Mayock said if he wants to know how a B1G DL might do in NFL, he checks Wisconsin tape, so I'll check that one on Jaleel.

Knock yourself out. He had 2 sacks against Wisco. Michigan's OL just as good if not better than Wisco's last year and Jaleel pretty much wrecked them up front. NFL guys will probably stumble across that tape as well.

Reactions: HawkeyeMashup

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

For being so weak he was still somewhat productive. Must have good technique even though he did get exposed in the bowl game

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Replying to this again: JJ's 5.38 40 yd dash, 7.64 3-cone, & 4.62 20 yd shuttle may make him drop more than his bench pressing. Know it's the underwear olympics, but that's kind of surprising.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Replying to this again: JJ's 5.38 40 yd dash, 7.64 3-cone, & 4.62 20 yd shuttle may make him drop more than his bench pressing. Know it's the underwear olympics, but that's kind of surprising.

So he's slow and weak? Must be nice to play in the Big Ten to pad your stats

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Whats Lazards 40? 4.8? Maybe 4.75 on a perfect day? Kittle just ran a 4.52 and weighs 250.

With Lanning moving to LB, it would be the perfect time. Just thinking whats best for the kid. Staying at WR will be a huge financial mistake.

Anyone know what WRs make in the CFL? I think its pretty good money but obviously not NFL money

Someone needs to get ahold of Jason Garrett of the Dallas Cowboys. He's got the perfect TE on his team right now. Not sure if you've ever heard of him...Dez Bryant? Anyway, he ran a 4.52 as well. Dude needs to get his hand on the ground otherwise he'll never be successful and we'll see him playing for the Iowa Barnstormers before we know it.

Antonio Brown ran a 4.56.

I'm guessing Lazard will run in the 4.7 range and still have no problem getting drafted.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Someone needs to get ahold of Jason Garrett of the Dallas Cowboys. He's got the perfect TE on his team right now. Not sure if you've ever heard of him...Dez Bryant? Anyway, he ran a 4.52 as well. Dude needs to get his hand on the ground otherwise he'll never be successful and we'll see him playing for the Iowa Barnstormers before we know it.

I'm guessing Lazard will run in the 4.7 range and still have no problem getting drafted.

Don't forget Anquan Boldin and his 4.71

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Whats Lazards 40? 4.8? Maybe 4.75 on a perfect day? Kittle just ran a 4.52 and weighs 250.

With Lanning moving to LB, it would be the perfect time. Just thinking whats best for the kid. Staying at WR will be a huge financial mistake.

Anyone know what WRs make in the CFL? I think its pretty good money but obviously not NFL money

Ask your buddy Drew Tate.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

In all fairness Lazard is much taller than all those guys.

Which is a plus for him, and I think a plus for him at WR.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron