Kim Mulkey Crocodile tears

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I loved her crying press conference yesterday. What a moron. Interesting how she has retracted everything she said after receiving all this heat.

Reactions: cyfanatic

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Just screams "sorry I got caught". No sincerity. She knew exactly what she was doing.

I'd love to beat Baylor next year more than any other team.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
What do you mean by "beat" Baylor next year? As in physically assault them, or defeat them in a game of hoops? When talking about Mulkey, it's difficult to tell. :)

Punch them in the face fo sho. Then claim every other person in the world punches people in the face

• Funny
Reactions: CYdTracked

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just screams "sorry I got caught". No sincerity. She knew exactly what she was doing.

I'd love to beat Baylor next year more than any other team.

I hope anyone who has a chance to run up the score on them, does.

• Winner
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I really enjoyed Keith Murphy's takes on her comments since this story broke last week. Especially the part about her initial "apology" was about the "punch them in the face" comment which most people probably found the least offensive of her rant. She clearly has her head in the sand about the magnitude of the issues of the culture that was allowed at Baylor by the administration and athletic department.

It makes you wonder if a male coach of a less successful program had made the comments she did if they would still have their job right now? I think even if Geno Auriemma or Bill Fennelly had said the things she did they both would have received far more criticism and much louder calls for them to be fired for them than Mulkey has. Yes that sounds a little sexist but it's the truth that her being a female and the success she has had with that program she's getting a much easier pass on what she said than most coaches probably would have.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Wow, I just looked at the tape. Crazy what make up can do for the ol' gal. Fake tears for sure. Unfortunately it probably won't make a difference in terms of recruiting.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
financially ? does that mean what they paid to try to pay off these victims ? I bet they did spend a lot of hush money.

danderson84

Nov 25, 2013
Omaha
Pow! Right in the kisser!
giphy.gif