Yancy tweet

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Yancy tweet of the 400 LB bench press club. Who is #97? Dude is huge and roster says senior DL from Ankeny? Why isn't he seeing the field?

Anyone been in Kentucky.. This place is like a bad twilight zone show

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Yancy tweet of the 400 LB bench press club. Who is #97? Dude is huge and roster says senior DL from Ankeny? Why isn't he seeing the field?

Anyone been in Kentucky.. This place is like a bad twilight zone show

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane???

BTW, Kentucky is a paradise island compared to freaking Arkansas.....

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Weight lifting and football are two very different sports. It is not difficult to be great at weight lifting and totally inept at football.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
Weight lifting and football are two very different sports. It is not difficult to be great at weight lifting and totally inept at football.
Spot on. Look no further than the 30+ year old muscle heads walking around. 90% of them were turds on the athletic field, but now that the athletes are getting old and fat, they feel better building muscles.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
97 Tyler Harmeyer DL 6-0 280 Sr. Ankeny, Iowa (Dowling/Iowa Western CC

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Gotta laugh at the squawk turds who follow the isu strength coach just so they can show off their idiocy. Twitter is ground zero for biggest dorks on the internet.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
For those who don't follow him, who is in the club? Farniok, Morrissey, and Omoile are my guesses. Plus this Ankeny kid. I hope there are others?

blizzisu

Nov 4, 2009
Polk City, IA
IMO, the bench press does not translate to the football field very well at all, and 400 isn't really that impressive.

That being said, I hope the hard work in the weight room translates to the field this year...

Last edited:

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
IMO, the bench press does not translate to the football field very well at all, and 400 isn't really that impressive.
100.gif

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
Well if 400lb isn't very impressive and we only have 6 out of 100, we are in trouble. Id like to see you put up 400+ and impress me.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA

Well, there must be some amount of transfer between the bench and the football field or it wouldn't be such a popular exercise at the college and professional level. Unless you know more than all of those players, strength coaches, trainers, etc.

As a lineman, you have to extend your arms and pop your opponent. It seems like a bench press would help you develop some strength and power in that endeavor.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
I've been close to 400 and exercise with guys who can. None of us had any business being on a D1 football field.

Didn't say benching 400 lbs made you a D1 football player. These guys are talented , D1 players that can also bench 400 lbs. That combination is impressive and will likely help on game day.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I've been close to 400 and exercise with guys who can. None of us had any business being on a D1 football field.

Yeah, well I eat a lot and know a lot of people who do too and none of us have any business being on a D1 team. Eating a lot has very little to do with football.

I run a lot and know a lot of people who do too and none of us have any business being on a college track team. Running a lot has little to do with track.

I read a lot of books and know a lot who do too and none of us have any business being at Harvard. Reading books has little to do with being at Harvard.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

That being said, I hope the hard work in the weight room translates to the field this year...

Haha. Seriously? 400 pounds is damned impressive even for a group of guys who train year round and have professional trainers designing their routines.

What I'm saying is that was a very bad post and you should feel bad. Even if you were just doing a humble brag, bro.

OQFRwKF.jpg

Last edited:

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Haha. Seriously? 400 pounds is damned impressive even for a group of guys who train year round and have professional trainers designing their routines.

What I'm saying is that was a very bad post and you should feel bad. Even if you were just doing a humble brag, bro.

OQFRwKF.jpg

Spends his paycheck on roids, still sleeps on what looks like a futon.

I like this guys style, including the gold star on his bedroom door.

*Yes, I know it's a photoshop. I can see the distortion in the door just as easily as you can.