"Friday" OT (a day early) - CFers in the Wild

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I know wgd pretty well and I think cubs was a floormate my first year.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Rhoadhoused, SeeJay420, CycoFan, Airbag, tailgate with brianhos and his people occasionally, and of course CW. I'm sure I've missed a few.

Oh yeah, my boss posts on here and knows my screen name, but I have no idea what his is.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
He doesn't post here anymore that I know of but, Cyco1 and I were in classes in HS together. I'm sure I haven't run into anyone else. I'm going to try and make a football and basketball game this year (it's been a couple years), so I hope I can run into some of you guys!

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm actually a little surprised CF hasn't done a tailgate party to kind of promote the site a bit. People have family and friends to go to but a once a year tailgate to help promote the site I believe would be a decent idea. I know CW does a radio show before the games so that might be a big obstacle in the way.

In my opinion, I feel a lot of people visit the site, but don't register due to the discussions that are important to Iowa State athletics get derailed too often (I'm guilty of doing this). The next step, imo, is to get the lurkers to start making accounts and start posting. As long as you don't come and purposely troll, most people on the site enjoy a differing opinion.

This is hard to accomplish as there's nothing ISU related going on right now, maybe in the fall. I'm curious of site statistics as far as number of people who have made accounts year by year.

There also used to be a map for a little bit of where everyone is from but that's not here anymore. That could help with identifying people, though I understand why it was taken down.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It's all good, I'm gadiated from college now. I never, nor will I ever have him as an instructor. He can admit he knew it was me.

Ever since this post was made, I've smiled when I open this this thread and this is the first post I see: all about how you "gadiated". Ross Hall? You weren't an English major were you? :)

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I hung out a bunch with the Triggermv fella back at ISU. He's pretty much a real life stud. I don't think he knows who I am. I've changed a lot since then.

My brother in law knows who I am on here, but I'm not sure if he posts a lot or not. He's surely learned some details about my life from here.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Ever since this post was made, I've smiled when I open this this thread and this is the first post I see: all about how you "gadiated". Ross Hall? You weren't an English major were you? :)
Nope. Journalism major.

And history major. Which is why I was around Ross Hall a lot, and seeing Erik a lot around the building.

The gadiated was an intentional typo. My sister brought up my 3-year-old nephew up to my graduation. After the ceremony, he exclaimed, "You gadiated college!" Ever since then, I tell people I've gadiated college.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
At our tailgate last year, I met 2015, clonesalltheway, and Kagavi

Last edited: