Tickets Sold Out

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
AMES, Iowa -For the first time in school history the Iowa State Athletics Department announces men’s basketball season tickets are sold out.

Fans who purchased season tickets last season still have the opportunity to renew and retain the same seat location as last season (deadline to renew is August 1). Click here to renew tickets now.

In order to provide all fans with an opportunity to attend a men’s basketball game the Athletics Department will be holding back a limited supply of single game tickets for all home games. These tickets will go on-sale in October. The exact day will be release at a later date.

If you have any questions in regards to season ticket renewals, or single game tickets please contact the Iowa State Athletics Ticket Office by email at tickets@iastate.edu or by phone toll-free at 888-478-2925 or locally at 515-294-1816.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=209539663

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Kind of sucks...was hoping to get tickets this year as I had to skip last season as we had way too many bills to pay off. Oh well!

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Anchorman.gif

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm glad they're sold out, but I thought they were taking pre-orders and then doing the seat assignments and refunding anyone who didn't get them as opposed to a first come, first served type of thing.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm glad they're sold out, but I thought they were taking pre-orders and then doing the seat assignments and refunding anyone who didn't get them as opposed to a first come, first served type of thing.

My guess is that this means all of the tickets will be sold - either to current holders who add seats or to the pre-orders. They now know how many they will sell, just not to whom.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
My guess is that this means all of the tickets will be sold - either to current holders who add seats or to the pre-orders. They now know how many they will sell, just not to whom.
I know a few days ago I had the option to add tickets during the renewal process and I don't any more, so they must have decided to cut it off.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
We asked for additional tickets, and we're told no. We had to wait. Who got these tix then?

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
Dammit, I was really hoping to get season tickets this year. I originally wanted to last year but it wasn't in the cards financially at the time.

So what hope do I have of trying to get some next year? Pony up for the higher dollar/donation amount and squeeze out the cheaper ticket payers?

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Thread title should read SEASON tickets sold out. There will be single game tickets available for the New Year's Eve game, and probably at least one conference home game will fall on the break. Not sure if that Southern game will count as a holiday break game?

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I wanted an extra ticket for my 2 yr old. May just sell them as a season package. How much for row 6 corner balcony could I get you think? On the aisle.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
It sounds like this year is a mess in communicating to people. Why are they even allowing a waiting list and then telling season ticket holders they can't add at all. It would make more sense to tentatively add to their number before letting new people get in line.....

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It sounds like this year is a mess in communicating to people. Why are they even allowing a waiting list and then telling season ticket holders they can't add at all. It would make more sense to tentatively add to their number before letting new people get in line.....

Yup - they need to fix the process a bit.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Anyone not expecting this to happen like this and this fast was not really paying attention. No, ISU didn't say "this is gonna happen" but c'mon, any Cyclone fan can tell ISU MBB is mayhem right now.

Totally awesome. Keeping our tickets even though we are headed west and will be selling them to Cyclone fans of course. So awesome to see the fan support - gonna mis that a ton!