Cyclone Golfers on Fire today!!!!!

ForeClones

Mar 12, 2012
Johnston, IA
ISU is up to 4th place at the NCAA Regional today -14 for the final day! Best day among all teams with 4 holes to play. Top 5 advance to NCAA Championships. Some heavy hitters in this Regional (OSU, Arizona State, etc...oh and Iowa) Great to see them taking it to the field!

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Always love it when Iowa State beat or is beating Iowa in anything.

Goddamn Hawkeyes, thinking they're better than us.

Keep on going, would love to hear that Iowa State is fighting for the championship.

Is this being aired anywhere online?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nice, up 5 strokes over 5th place and a bid to the NCAA championship with 2 holes left for us to play. :smile:

sleestakCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 2, 2013
Looks like Iowa is out of the running for an NCAA finals berth..go Clones.

Iowa will once again likely finish in 12th place in the Big Ten Director's Cup standings. They were ahead of Northwestern but will likely be passed by Northwestern after the spring sports.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Looks like they've pretty much clinched it. Time to bust out my early 90s golf team shirts from the old athletics rummage sale.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like Iowa is out of the running for an NCAA finals berth..go Clones.

Iowa will once again likely finish in 12th place in the Big Ten Director's Cup standings. They were ahead of Northwestern but will likely be passed by Northwestern after the spring sports.

They are hoping for Rutgers and Maryland.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sweet rounds today by the guys:

Scott Fernandez, Junior from Spain: 66

Sam Daley, Junior from Australia: 66

Collin Foster, Sophomore from Waukee: 68

Ruben Sondjaja, Freshman from Australia: 70

Jack Carter, Freshman from Ohio: 73​

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
They are hoping for Rutgers and Maryland.

So rather than 12th place they get 14th place? Maryland (#36 currently to Iowa's #66) will crush them in overall sports scoring and it will be nip and tuck with Rutgers, Iowa and NW for last place.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Like Flint.

Awesome!

Great that we beat the Hawks. I thought they had the better men's golf team this year. I guess not. Maybe since I live in eastern Iowa and all I hear about is Iowa everything, I thought Iowa's golf team was better since they received more coverage. Silly me.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Awesome!

Great that we beat the Hawks. I thought they had the better men's golf team this year. I guess not. Maybe since I live in eastern Iowa and all I hear about is Iowa everything, I thought Iowa's golf team was better since they received more coverage. Silly me.

Huck the fawks. I'm glad we beat Arizona State, Virginia, San Diego State, and Ohio State. I wish we had of kicked LSU's tail also.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Awesome!

They were. Had a bad weekend in Columbus. Stated off well on Thursday, but just couldn't get it together.

Iowa and Iowa state met 4 times this year, with iowa placing higher 3 of those times.

Awesome job by the clones this weekend. They were relatively far behind at one point and had two great rounds to advance.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Awesome!

Did Iowa win the Big 10 championship?

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Nationals next week are going to be insane. Basically everyone in the top 30 made it through regionals, so our boys are going to have to play like they did today. That will be no easy task at Prairie Dunes. The NCAA finally got it right with the mix of stroke and match play as well. The first three rounds are stroke play with the top 40 individuals and ties playing a fourth round to determine an individual NC. The next day the top 8 teams after the first three rounds will play match play to determine a team NC. All of this is finally broadcast live on Golf Channel. Before they have just had highlights, now there is something like 10 hrs of live coverage and tons more of pre and post round recaps and coverage. Hopefully they can make a run at it!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron