CFTV: Mark Mangino talks about his first day on the field at ISU

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I still can't believe mark mangino is our offensive coordinator. Never thought it could happen.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Watching the player interviews on cyclones.tv I see players in the back catching tennis balls. I have seen other programs use this with receivers. Is this something new to our program with the new hires?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'm seeing no losses this year after watching.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Every time I listen to Mangino I wonder how he was capable of being abusive toward his players? I think the time off must have been good for him but I bet he's as ready or more ready to prove himself as the players are to prove themselves. Looking forward to watching him coach!

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
For those on Twitter, check out who he follows. It's pretty obvious this guy is all Cyclone now. What a class act. I've said it before, living in Kansas City, I have many, many KU friends who are still depressed that he's no longer coaching their team. What a fantastic hire by Rhoads.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Every time I listen to Mangino I wonder how he was capable of being abusive toward his players? I think the time off must have been good for him but I bet he's as ready or more ready to prove himself as the players are to prove themselves. Looking forward to watching him coach!

Or maybe he was never more abusive than any other hardnosed coach.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I love how confident he is. You can tell Rhoads gave him the keys to the offense. The way he talks about how he'll decide who gets to be the starting QB, how he'll dictate the tempo ect....just shows he can run the show and will not second guess himself.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
We are very lucky to have Mangino on our staff. Pretty much like having another head coach. With the two minds of Rhoads and Mangino, we should be MUCH improved this upcoming season.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
He's very knowledgeable because he's watched a lot of Sportscenter highlights.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
You know the problem was that he threw Texas and the officials under the bus at KU. Little did he realize that his bosses at KU got that same treatment for the BBall team. Anyway, great hire and can't wait to see what they can do.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
"I wasn't just at KU he had problems"
Had means past tense, not current.
He has left those problems behind.
He has a fresh outlook and a new enthusiasm, he will do well here, thats all that we need to focus on.
Here is to a positive attitude and a productive offense.

Go Cyclones!!!​

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009

I'm not sure if people thought I was ripping on him or what but this was meant to be a compliment. I think he seems like a genuinely good person and I'm questioning the validity of the past "allegations". I'm excited for Mangino.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
We'll see how it goes, but I'm really liking this guy (past me is surprised to be saying this for sure!)