It's time to start Morris

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I know he is getting starter minutes, but ISU seems to be stale when he has not been in over the last few weeks. The slow starts to halves happen with him on the bench. I like having Long on the team, but he needs to be coming off the bench, and was much better in that role when Thomas was starting.

Morris-Kane-Ejim-Niang-Hogue should be starting from here out.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I like Morris coming off the bench, but I'd say he's definitely one of our five best players. It won't be an easy decision for Fred.

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
I agree MM should start. Or try starting MT again, I'm sorry but Naz really is not getting it done right now. We can't keep playing catch up in the Big 12, too many talented teams

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The whole point of bringing him off the bench is to give Kane a break after the first few minutes. If both of them start then our fresh PG would be Naz.

Matt coming off the bench is not as important to the team

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I agree MM should start. Or try starting MT again, I'm sorry but Naz really is not getting it done right now. We can't keep playing catch up in the Big 12, too many talented teams

MT has his stroke back a bit. I'd be fine with that.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I think Naz is better coming off the bench, like McGee last year.
And I agree about starting MM, game seems to flow much better when he is in there.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I don't know if you can start Monte because he is sort of he calming presence off the bench along with giving Fred a fresh PG to work with..Naz really hasn't done much lately to earn his starting role though.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
The whole point of bringing him off the bench is to give Kane a break after the first few minutes. If both of them start then our fresh PG would be Naz.

Have Naz sub in for Morris while Kane stays into play point or vice-versa. Why is this so complicated for people to understand?

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I don't know if you can start Monte because he is sort of he calming presence off the bench along with giving Fred a fresh PG to work with..Naz really hasn't done much lately to earn his starting role though.

I was kind of hoping Bubu would slide into that role again, but it seems like that ship may have sailed.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

WAT? Monte comes in for Naz every single game.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Have Naz sub in for Morris while Kane stays into play point or vice-versa. Why is this so complicated for people to understand?

There's also that distraction that can give you good minutes, but that has become to political...

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think we should play more minutes with three guards (Kane, Morris, Long, Thomas) and two forwards (Melvin, Dustin, Georges) on the floor. Starters don't matter so much to me. I just think our ball movement and spacing isn't as good with three forwards on the floor so much.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
MM has some really good drives to the lane. Don't know if it was because of a streak or non-conference but Naz seemed so good at the beginning of the year off the bench. Might be time to try that again.
No shame with not starting, hell Ginobli has gone seasons with the Spurs not starting, and they rake up wins left and right.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
The offense runs so much smoother when Monte is running the show... I wish he would start and handle the ball a majority of the game. I do like the change of pace when Georges is playing point and I would still want Kane to take it up some times as well. Just think the half court offense runs best when Monte is coordinating things.

I'm glad we have him for 3 more years after this one. That's for damn sure...

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think we should play more minutes with three guards (Kane, Morris, Long, Thomas) and two forwards (Melvin, Dustin, Georges) on the floor. Starters don't matter so much to me. I just think our ball movement and spacing isn't as good with three forwards on the floor so much.

Starters matter when you are having slow starts to halfs.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Normally I'd say it doesn't matter who starts, just minutes...but the way we're starting halves kind of has me thinking it does matter a lot with this team.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The offense runs so much smoother when Monte is running the show... I wish he would start and handle the ball a majority of the game. I do like the change of pace when Georges is playing point and I would still want Kane to take it up some times as well. Just think the half court offense runs best when Monte is coordinating things.

I'm glad we have him for 3 more years after this one. That's for damn sure...

Tonight showed that Kane can still have a monster game playing mostly the 2, against almost any other team Kane could have totally dominated the way he looked tonight and Monte was point a majority of the game.