Big XII Basketball without Missouri and Colorado

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I really miss playing Mizzou and Colorado in hoops. If those teams were still in the conference, the Big XII would be hands down the best conference in the nation right now. Consider that 6 - SIX! - teams would be ranked if these two were still in the conference and there would be a strong probability of 8 teams in the dance, with a possibility of even 9. That's insane.

Rankings of those programs right now:
6. Okie State
9. Baylor
13. Iowa State
16. Kansas
20. Colorado
25. Mizzou
ARV. Oklahoma, Texas and K-State

Instead we added another Texas program that doesn't give a crap about hoops (TCU) and a good WVU program, but just doesn't feel like a good fit.

Rant over, but does anybody else miss playing these programs too?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I really miss playing Mizzou and Colorado in hoops. If those teams were still in the conference, the Big XII would be hands down the best conference in the nation right now. Consider that 6 - SIX! - teams would be ranked if these two were still in the conference and there would be a strong probability of 8 teams in the dance, with a possibility of even 9. That's insane.

6. Okie State
9. Baylor
13. Iowa State
16. Kansas
20. Colorado
25. Mizzou

Instead we added another Texas program that doesn't give a crap about hoops (TCU) and a good WVU program, but just doesn't feel like a good fit.

TCU does not even know what a full court press looks like.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I think everyone misses those games. Playing at Colorado sucked, which probably is why they seemed to be the team with the players I hated the most. Them and Oklahoma State, along with the obvious Kansas.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
I miss the Missouri games. Those were some of my favorites. Colorado was not a school i was fond of though. Didn't care much for their teams. I do remember there being kind of a brawl or scuffle in Hilton a game against CU back in the Eustachy days. i do not recall what it was about though

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
CU was always a 50 point swing. They'd win by 20 in boulder then we would crush them by 30 in Hilton. Exclude the Mcdoormat years of course.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I miss the Missouri games. Those were some of my favorites. Colorado was not a school i was fond of though. Didn't care much for their teams. I do remember there being kind of a brawl or scuffle in Hilton a game against CU back in the Eustachy days. i do not recall what it was about though

It involved one of the Harrison brothers and I believe Homan. That was a fun game, the crowd ate Harrison alive.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids

David Harrison I believe. The Missouri games were great, esp when Orr and Stewart were coaches. Always was tough playing at CU. Glad they got rid of that crazy buffalo they had on the court years ago.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Miss playing them, but we weren't the ones who left. If they want back in - fine. Until then, I don't want any of the B12 schools to play ANY of the teams that left. KU's admins said it best when they described those games as great CONFERENCE games.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
TCU is better this year and will be a better program going forward. WVU had a down year last year and looks to be better. Give huggy bear some time and he'll have them at the very least in the mix of the middle of the conference if not pushing towards the top.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
TCU is better this year and will be a better program going forward. WVU had a down year last year and looks to be better. Give huggy bear some time and he'll have them at the very least in the mix of the middle of the conference if not pushing towards the top.

He's been there 7 years, how much time does he need??

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames

I don't think TCU will ever be a good program. They may sneak into the NCAAs one year out of 3 or 4 (if they're lucky), but I don't think they'll ever be good. Plus, their fans don't care and playing there is the worst conference environment ISU has to face. It's worse than when CU was really bad.

I do agree with you that WVU returns to relevance.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

6. Okie State
9. Baylor
13. Iowa State
16. Kansas
20. Colorado
25. Mizzou

Nope. I could have gone 2 more lifetimes without experiencing Missouri fans. Colorado and Missouri might not be as good as they are now as if they stayed, they both moved into worse basketball conferences.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Living in Colorado, it is a major bummer that the Cyclones don't come to town anymore.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I don't think TCU will ever be a good program. They may sneak into the NCAAs one year out of 3 or 4 (if they're lucky), but I don't think they'll ever be good. Plus, their fans don't care and playing there is the worst conference environment ISU has to face. It's worse than when CU was really bad.

I do agree with you that WVU returns to relevance.
TCU will be good they won't be a power team but they will be a good team.