NFL: ***Week 17 Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Do or die for the Bears, Packers, Eagles and Cowboys. What's your team playing for today? My Colts are still playing for seeding - could go in as low as a four seed with a first round home game against KC or as high as a two seed with a first round bye if they beat the Jags and get some unlikely help.

JAB

Aug 25, 2013
As a colts fan, I'm surprised they are still alive for first round bye given their performance since the loss of RW (except KC game). I agree an unlikely scenario - Pats loss and Ravens over Bengals. Barring a FRB, I don't want them to play the Chiefs again in the playoffs - would prefer scenario as No. 3 seed vs. Dolphins.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Love seeing so much on the line in week 17. We beat raiders and we lock up #1 seed. As for the division deciding games, I'm rooting for GB (only local team I don't dislike) and actually rooting for Cowboys with Orton as Qb.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
As a colts fan, I'm surprised they are still alive for first round bye given their performance since the loss of RW (except KC game). I agree an unlikely scenario - Pats loss and Ravens over Bengals. Barring a FRB, I don't want them to play the Chiefs again in the playoffs - would prefer scenario as No. 3 seed vs. Dolphins.

They've been much better the last two weeks, but yeah, after their midseason doldrums they really have no business even being in the hunt for their two seed. If they can move up to the three seed I'd be good with seeing Miami or Baltimore coming in for a first round matchup. I want nothing to do with Chargers or Steelers though.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Should be a cakewalk for Denver, but you never know with so many raiders players and coaches trying g to save their jobs today. This might be Terrelle Pryor's last really good chance to prove he's a viable starting qb, and someone with that kind of athleticism could make just enough plays to keep things interesting.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Lions are playing for Schwartz, maybe. Or maybe they've going to **** the bed and make sure he gets fired.
I can't believe the Lions management (if what's been reported is true) is leaning towards keeping Schwartz. Get a coach in there who knows what the hell he's doing and they're a playoff team.

Both coaches in the Metrodome today should be unemployed tomorrow.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Fox just showed a guy from the Minnesota/Detroit game holding sign that said, "Well... At lest the dome made the Super Bowl."

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I can't believe the Lions management (if what's been reported is true) is leaning towards keeping Schwartz. Get a coach in there who knows what the hell he's doing and they're a playoff team.

Both coaches in the Metrodome today should be unemployed tomorrow.

You have to look at the history of the Lions ownership. This is the same outfit that kept Matt Millen around for eight(!) atrocious years and then promoted his right hand man to GM after they finally got around to dumping him. The Ford family is notoriously loyal and patient. It's too bad for Lions fans, becasue you know who would be a tremendous head coach there? Lovie Smith. All that talent in the defensive front seven plus his knowledge of the NFC North...add a competent offensive coordinator and imagine what they could do.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
all of them except Det vs. Min

And Houston vs. Tennessee. But if you want to see Matt Schaub in a Texans uniform or Chris Johnson in Titans colors one last time, here's your chance. Also, the Texans clinch the #1 overall pick with a loss.

Edit: And the Giants/Redskins debacle. Might be fun to watch just in case Snyder decides he can't wait and fires Shanahan at halftime.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Flacco's getting beat up by the Bengals D. Looks like his bad knee is severely limiting his ability to move around in the pocket. We could see Tyrod Taylor in the second half if the Ravens decide to play it safe and think long term with their big investment.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Tied in Cinncy and Jets up 7 on Miami and driving - Chargers are not dead yet especially playing a Chiefs team with nothing to play for.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Tied in Cinncy and Jets up 7 on Miami and driving - Chargers are not dead yet especially playing a Chiefs team with nothing to play for.

Ugh, I hate this. The last person I want to see walking onto the field in Lucas Oil Stadium is Phillip Rivers with that crazy *** look on his face.