John Beilein quote on Iowa State

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
“Iowa State has a tremendous atmosphere here. Fred has done an incredible job. They really have a good team. I really like what he has been able to do. He’s found these nuggets all over the place, whether if it is a fifth year guy or a junior college guy. It has been incredible that he has been able to find guys to places pieces in this puzzle. You get a kid like Long who didn’t even play last year. Now, he is ready to play. You should be very happy here that you have it rolling and it is a great team and it was a really great thing for us to be a part of today.”

“This was a heck of an environment. They have a really good team. They attacked us in some soft spots that we have. Sometimes they are physical. Sometimes they are matchup related. They are a very good team. There is a reason why they are 17-1. I know you had a good team last year. This team, there is not much of a drop-off. Mostly, when you can get a fifth-year senior guard coming in there that has scored about 1,500 points already, that’s a treasure right there.”

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Really hard not to like Beilein and his squad.

I definitely like Beilein. Class guy. Not sure about McGary though. I think he did step on Long on purpose. He looked down and stepped right on his chest. Looked like he could have certainly avoided it.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
McGary's game plan: push and step on the other teams players, get open under the hoop.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I definitely like Beilein. Class guy. Not sure about McGary though. I think he did step on Long on purpose. He looked down and stepped right on his chest. Looked like he could have certainly avoided it.

I don't think so, i didnt see him look down, but I'm guessing he was trying to avoid contact at all cost.

Seriously, imagine trying to get away with something like that; that fast paced, knowing cameras are on you, and trying to act natural when you didn't even have the idea in your head .3 seconds ago.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
No wonder he is so dreamy, good looks and brains!

poor Rhoads, I think we may all be checked out.

Fred just put together a team from transfers, freshman and two returning starters that beat the number 7 team in the land, while CPR didn't have his team ready to play UNI. I wonder if Fred could coach toughness for the FB team, because the MBB team has it the FB team, not so much.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Students were not McGary fans

He reminds me of Rob Gronkowski. If you are a Pats fan or if you have him on your fantasy team you love him, otherwise you think he's a punk piece of **** that has an IQ of 26. Good player, cocky bastard.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
I knew he had coached at Canisius College. Didn't realize just how time he spent in WNY (he went to HS 15 miles from my HS, if that).

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

He was out of control and should have gotten a charging foul. but it didn't look like he step on Long on purpose at all. Just a big guy out of control trying not to fall.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fred just put together a team from transfers, freshman and two returning starters that beat the number 7 team in the land, while CPR didn't have his team ready to play UNI. I wonder if Fred could coach toughness for the FB team, because the MBB team has it the FB team, not so much.

So glad you can take this chance to bash Rhoads instead of enjoying the win and realizing football and basketball are different sports.

Reactions: norseclone

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I don't think so, i didnt see him look down, but I'm guessing he was trying to avoid contact at all cost.

Seriously, imagine trying to get away with something like that; that fast paced, knowing cameras are on you, and trying to act natural when you didn't even have the idea in your head .3 seconds ago.
No way, i generally give people the benefit of the doubt, but they showed one view of it that showed his right foot clear of Naz bit the left still came down on him. Looked like it easily could have been avoided.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010

Hoiberg is awesome as a coach and I hope he is here 20 years and we have some final fours maybe even a championship, but its a LOT harder for Rhoads to win at ISU in football than it is for someone to win in basketball. You need about 8 players for basketball and you need well over 22 for football due to the injuries and also its easier to get a better quality of recruit in basketball here than football. Quit banging on Rhoads.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron