Darius Lee Campbell update?

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
Any updates on how his visit went?

I'd read that he was close to committing to Iowa State but wanted to take his visit first. Hopefully his visit went well. I wonder if he does commit if he will stay at QB.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I'd read that he was close to committing to Iowa State but wanted to take his visit first. Hopefully his visit went well. I wonder if he does commit if he will stay at QB.

It appears he is definitely being recruited as a QB.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Does anyone know how good he is? I see he had an offer from the Texas State Armadillos, so there's that.

I was hoping for an immediate JUCO QB, but read that it's not a good year for JUCO QB in this years class.

Darius Lee-Campbell - Yahoo! Sports
6 BCS offers as well as Rice, Houston and other Texas schools that can usually obtain decent qbs. Great get for a pretty thin qb class.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
He does have a pretty decent offer list, I wonder how many teams are actually recruiting him as a QB though.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
He does have a pretty decent offer list, I wonder how many teams are actually recruiting him as a QB though.
You say that as if it's set in stone. You can always switch the position if he feels he wont see the field for a long time at QB. Who knows, may be the guy we are looking for.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
You say that as if it's set in stone. You can always switch the position if he feels he wont see the field for a long time at QB. Who knows, may be the guy we are looking for.

I'm not saying anything is set in stone, and I'm not questioning his abilities as a QB. I was just wondering because he seems to be a pretty good athlete, so other teams may be recruiting him to play WR or something else. He may prefer to play QB so that might also give teams like ISU a leg up on the competition who might not see him at the QB position.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Decent offer list. More excited about the development of Lanning and Hodge. I think Lanning is the future. Dude has a cannon and the coaches keep talking about how far he has progressed already. I hope he beats out Richardson and Rohach. Lanning may not be much of a scrambler but maybe that'll help get rid of that abomination of a zone read offense we run and just a pocket passer.

Pocket passer, solid O-line (fingers crossed) that can hold a pocket and pass protect, great receivers in Bundrage, Montgomery, Daley, PJ Harris, Lazard, etc. could be good for us.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
It's from a movie, but I can't think of the name right now.
MV5BODk1NTk3MTk1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkxMjkxMQ@@._V1._SX334_SY475_.jpg

Attachments

• MV5BODk1NTk3MTk1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkxMjkxMQ@@._V1._SX334_SY475_.jpg
    MV5BODk1NTk3MTk1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkxMjkxMQ@@._V1._SX334_SY475_.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 40

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Looks like a smaller, perhaps slightly speedier version of Arnaud. Well, considering Arnaud was our last QB to go over 2,000 yards in a season, I'd say he's worth a look.

tivo2224

Oct 19, 2009
Norwalk
Looks like a smaller, perhaps slightly speedier version of Arnaud. Well, considering Arnaud was our last QB to go over 2,000 yards in a season, I'd say he's worth a look.

What was Arnaud's 40 time??? On rivals it says Darius runs a 4.5. I could very well be wrong but Arnaud wasnt anywhere close to that was he?

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
He was a junior college player, and other schools wanted him as a potential defensive back rather than a QB. He ran a 4.5 40, but he was short. He was a good running QB, but more so when plays broke down. But he also ran to lengthen throwing plays, and he was a very capable pocket passer. Anyone know who I am referring to?

I'd say this guy, from coming out of HS, would be more similar to this, not any other QB. Whether he can throw a very nice ball & have accuracy on the move would be the difference, but that could improved coming out of HS and developing over a couple years, if necessary (and possible with the proper coaching).

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
He was a junior college player, and other schools wanted him as a potential defensive back rather than a QB. He ran a 4.5 40, but he was short. He was a good running QB, but more so when plays broke down. But he also ran to lengthen throwing plays, and he was a very capable pocket passer. Anyone know who I am referring to?

I'd say this guy, from coming out of HS, would be more similar to this, not any other QB. Whether he can throw a very nice ball & have accuracy on the move would be the difference, but that could improved coming out of HS and developing over a couple years, if necessary (and possible with the proper coaching).

Seneca! We could sure use another of him.

tivo2224

Oct 19, 2009
Norwalk

I would put him more in the Bret Meyer category. Just depends on how well he can throw. Campbell is 6'2" and 200 lbs. Meyer ran a 4.5 and was 6'3" but was just a little smaller at 180.