Cowboy Fans Not Confident

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I was surprised by this. They are fairly highly ranked (whether overrated or not i dont know) and we just got absolutely drubbed. Its amazing how they think they have a good chance to lose. Seems to be one of the most level-headed boards i have visited.

Scout.com: Iowa State!

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
I was surprised by this. They are fairly highly ranked (whether overrated or not i dont know) and we just got absolutely drubbed. Its amazing how they think they have a good chance to lose. Seems to be one of the most level-headed boards i have visited.

Scout.com: Iowa State!

Or one of total pessimism. To collectively think they might waltz into Jack Trice Stadium in Ames and lose is preposterous. Our football team is total garbage, there's no other way to put it. I just don't see any way we beat a team as talented as them. We are a 1-5 team with a loss to UNI. No words...

Spam

May 21, 2008
They stiill haven't recovered from what happened two years ago. But the difference is that we're your Iowa State of old. We're worse. They're going to win by at least 4 touchdowns

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I watched some of their TCU game and they have a reason to be cautious. They looked nothing like the team from last year.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Perhaps you guys that are ready to toss CPR...if anything this type of respect from opponents should give you some perspective about how other league foes view us now, and teach you all to CHILL out. They know we are no longer a cakewalk, despite last week's game, because they know Baylor can do that to anyone. Point is, they respect CPR and so should we.

Reactions: CycloneVet

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
We did beat Texas at home (stolen), Texas then destroyed OU, so I dont think we are as bad as we look. Lets be honest does anyone see a team hanging with Baylor at home, even within 3 touchdowns?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
This game gets decided early, IMO. We have hung in with teams in terms of scoring in the second half (excluding Baylor). I realize there was some garbage points against Iowa and Tech, but they still go on the board. If we are within a score at halftime, this could go down to the wire. If OSU rolls out and scores TD's on the first 3 possessions, I could see a really deflated team the rest of the game.

This is a good place for Rhoads to turn the team around and play with some swagger again. Having Watson back helps a bunch. We're due for a Rhoads surprise game this year still.

I am convinced that we're not as bad as we showed last week. (my comment's on the internet so it must be true)

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Their offense isnt nearly as good as what they've been accustomed to the past 5ish years but their defense is better. This game is very winnable (as is TCU, KSU, KU) if we can somehow protect Richardson. Not looking promising with all the injuries on the OL though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I am concerned for our offense. This might be a mess.

Courtney-Messingham-spring-2012-2.jpg

I see what you did there.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I can see why. We have no chance if the other team has a QB. They don't have a QB.

OSU still wins, but our defense will look better this Saturday, and it has nothing to do with Wally Burnham.

Platypoke

Oct 7, 2011
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Our offense is utter crap. On the other hand our defense is more than just serviceable. So that's a plus.

The last time I was confident was before the 2011 game. Never again.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Our offense is utter crap. On the other hand our defense is more than just serviceable. So that's a plus.

Whoever can run the ball will win, the elements will keep the passing game to a minimum.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Trey Scott ‏@All_Cyclones 22 Oct The Cowboys are averaging 35.7 points per game but if you remove UTSA and FCS Lamar from equation, number drops to 24.7.

Who in the hack is Lamar and UTSA?

UTSA - University of Texas (San Antonio campus).
Lamar - part of the Texas state university system campus is in Beaumont, east of Houston (close to the Louisiana border).

They're both probably on a level with UTEP. (University of Texas - El Paso)

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Atleast you have a defense. We don't really. I think that will be the difference of the game.