jameel mckay leaving marquette

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Interesting, wonder if Fred will pounce, would post a link but my skills aren't very good.

Last edited:

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Why are people saying no? Meaning he won't end up here or we would be interested? According to Rivals we offered him.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It may not happen, but don't they have Bubu's scholarship or did he get to keep that?

I believe he got kicked out of school, but the scholarship is still used up for the acedemic year. So unless he sits out for the year or pays his own way McKay aint comin.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I believe he got kicked out of school, but the scholarship is still used up for the acedemic year. So unless he sits out for the year or pays his own way McKay aint comin.
He didn't get kicked out of school.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
He didn't get kicked out of school.
No he didn't, so I'm not sure what that post was about. I count 12 scholarships this year, unless Bubu was still allowed to keep his for some reason.

I would think it is too late for a transfer for this year, so he would probably have to sit out a year, but so far, ISU has not landed a front court/post player for 2014 except Nader, so......he may be a good option. I'm not sure about the transfer rules though, and if he would still have 1 or 2 years left if he sat out a year. If he is only a one year option, there may be someone who would be a better fit.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
No he didn't, so I'm not sure what that post was about. I count 12 scholarships this year, unless Bubu was still allowed to keep his for some reason.

I would think it is too late for a transfer for this year, so he would probably have to sit out a year, but so far, ISU has not landed a front court/post player for 2014, so......he may be a good option. I'm not sure about the transfer rules though, and if he would still have 1 or 2 years left if he sat out a year. If he is only a one year option, there may be someone who would be a better fit.

They can't use Bubu's scholarship since he was using it while class was in session.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron