Friday OT - Favorite childhood movies

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What movie(s) did you love best as a child? Was it animated like a Disney film, or was it something sort of live-action like Willow or Labyrinth, maybe the Princess Bride or The Never-Ending Story?

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I'm dating myself, I was young long b4 CGI and other modern forms of animation, leaving a much smaller pool to pick from. I'd have to say The Wizard of Oz and The Jungle Book were tied for my favs.

I have grandkids now and watch all the new movies, and am jealous as hell.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Flight of the Navigator

My brother was obsessed with this movie. I just always remember the scene where they buzz by Twisted Sister filming a video, so random.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
One of my favorites when I was little was The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training. I know now how much people disliked it, but I loved baseball growing up, and I loved watching this movie. It was pretty much a recording I think, because the tape I had didn't have the first 15 minutes or so, but it was one of those things that I was so young that I didn't care.

I also grew up watching the Brave Little Toaster, and at one point in my childhood, gathered all of the appliances in the house that represented each character and started playing with them like toys.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron