Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It seems that most TV watchers have been thinking we've been doing a good job in the other thread of not spoiling anything, and maybe it's just me, but I feel like it's a disservice to the TV watchers to even post that certain characters are alive through Book 5, considering Martin's style. Soo...the return of the spoiler thread.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Good idea Doc. I just restarted book4 last night and got through the prologue, it's been a few years since I read them and I need to get prepped for what on deck next!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Does anyone know exactly when this year Book 6 is supposed to come out?

BIG OLD SPOILERS:

In addition to my theory that Melisandre is going to revive Jon, and that he's Rhaegar's bastard instead of Ned's, I also think Coldhands is Benjen Stark.

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO

BIG OLD SPOILERS:

In addition to my theory that Melisandre is going to revive Jon, and that he's Rhaegar's bastard instead of Ned's, I also think Coldhands is Benjen Stark.

I like the theories. I think they make too much sense for Martin to run with them lol.

:twitcy:

Cutlass

Mar 23, 2006
Omaha
ramblingscotty.blogspot.com

BIG OLD SPOILERS:

Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna. I don't even think is open to debate anymore. Jon definitely isn't permanently dead. I think he warged into Ghost. Mel might revive his body and he'll go back to it next book, or he might take over another body. But I believe he'll be walking around one way or another in the next book.

I once thought that Benjen was Coldhands, but I don't after A Dance with Dragons. I now think that Coldhands is just some random wight that Lord Bloodraven is ordering about. But I'm not sure on that.

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna. I don't even think is open to debate anymore. Jon definitely isn't permanently dead. I think he warged into Ghost. Mel might revive his body and he'll go back to it next book, or he might take over another body. But I believe he'll be walking around one way or another in the next book.

I once thought that Benjen was Coldhands, but I don't after A Dance with Dragons. I now think that Coldhands is just some random wight that Lord Bloodraven is ordering about. But I'm not sure on that.

I can get behind all of this. Which side do you think Bloodraven is on? The Lord of Light or the Others.

Cutlass

Mar 23, 2006
Omaha
ramblingscotty.blogspot.com
I can get behind all of this. Which side do you think Bloodraven is on? The Lord of Light or the Others.

Neither. I think he's with the Old Gods and Children of the Forest. A completely separate although seemingly less powerful faction.

Have you read The Mystery Knight? It's one of the Dunk and Egg stories and Bloodraven shows up in it. I read it a couple months before A Dance with Dragons came out and was literally giddy as a school girl when Bran found Bloodraven.

Last edited:

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Dammit, who is Bloodraven again? I remember the name, but I can't remember much else.

Also, what's going to happen to "Lady Stoneheart"? What's her purpose now? How will that end?

Jon Snow better not be dead, or I will find where Georgie lives and kick him in the jiblets.

On yeah, one more question, are you all foolish enough to believe that he can wrap this up in two novels? This started out as a trilogy :(.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Dammit, who is Bloodraven again? I remember the name, but I can't remember much else.

Also, what's going to happen to "Lady Stoneheart"? What's her purpose now? How will that end?

Jon Snow better not be dead, or I will find where Georgie lives and kick him in the jiblets.

On yeah, one more question, are you all foolish enough to believe that he can wrap this up in two novels? This started out as a trilogy :(.

The theory is that the creepy three-eyed crow is him.

My reasoning for Coldhands being Benjen is that Bran never sees his face, so he wouldn't necessarily recognize him. Also, there's so much build-up about Benjen being gone and never found, it seems like you'd have to tie up that loose end somehow. But maybe not!

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty

BIG OLD SPOILERS:

I opened this thread knowing I was going to run into this, but here goes anyway. I must have COMPLETELY missed something in the last book and will now need to re-read it. Jon is dead?

On a somewhat related topic, does anyone else find it odd that news organizations are writing articles about peoples' reactions to the Red Wedding on the show? Clearly these are all people that have not read the books, I'm not saying they have to to enjoy the show, so OF COURSE they are going to be surprised. For those that have read the books, we have been waiting all season for this one moment to finally happen.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Ah, Bloodraven is more than likely the three eyed crow. That makes sense now. So, I wonder if another Targaryean will sit on the throne again? There's a few of them floating around now.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I opened this thread knowing I was going to run into this, but here goes anyway. I must have COMPLETELY missed something in the last book and will now need to re-read it. Jon is dead?

On a somewhat related topic, does anyone else find it odd that news organizations are writing articles about peoples' reactions to the Red Wedding on the show? Clearly these are all people that have not read the books, I'm not saying they have to to enjoy the show, so OF COURSE they are going to be surprised. For those that have read the books, we have been waiting all season for this one moment to finally happen.

Jon's last chapter in the book ended up with him getting stabbed, a lot. They were ****** he was going to go fight the Boltons.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

He is presumed to be dead, although it's not known for sure. With the Night Watch turning on him, I feel like they wouldn't stab him like that without making sure he was dead.

I liked the idea of him taking on Ramsay Bolton at Winterfell in a fit of rage, but I guess maybe he has bigger things to do.

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty
Jon's last chapter in the book ended up with him getting stabbed, a lot. They were ****** he was going to go fight the Boltons.

He is presumed to be dead, although it's not known for sure. With the Night Watch turning on him, I feel like they wouldn't stab him like that without making sure he was dead.

I liked the idea of him taking on Ramsay Bolton at Winterfell in a fit of rage, but I guess maybe he has bigger things to do.

OK, I can vaugley remember this. I still, I guess, need to reread the last couple chapters of the last book anyway.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Oh, also - I think Dany is going to go ape-**** on Khal Jhaqo and Mago or whatever his name was for raping that girl she saved. I predict Drogon burning them all down.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
OK so from the other thread you guys know I have a soft spot for Sansa. IMO she ascends to Queen of the North/Lady of Winterfell with Littlefinger's help and a Knight from the veil. What I haven't figured out is what is in it for Littlefinger unless he is content to rule in the Veil. May be bad timing as Winter is Coming in a big big way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron