Who doubts Bubu now?

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
This is not a thread to criticize anyone, I just want to lift up Bubu's play in the last 5-6 minutes, or however long he played. I just think he was outstanding, totally under control, not trying to do anything that he couldn't, getting the ball to his teammates, rebounding. I just think the doubters of Palo should choke after that display. He is a really solid player, and we are so fortunate to have him. Sometimes players have a rough day, and Cory didn't have a good day today. Palo was the difference in that game.

Reactions: CycloneVet

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Completely disagree Bubu came in 2nd half and played under control like he has most the year (with exception of 1st half). People that doubt him in his role still are clueless. Difference in the game?? No chance

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Completely disagree Bubu came in 2nd half and played under control like he has most the year (with exception of 1st half). People that doubt him in his role still are clueless. Difference in the game?? No chance
Then you must have been watching a different basketball game, and thought it was Iowa State.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Truth is, we made the run with Bubu on the floor. You don't have to score the points to be the one that causes the team to play better. Sorry, but I won't back down on this one. I realize the players contributions of Ejim, Clyburn, Babb, and the others, it changed the complexion of the game, and Oklahoma couldn't adjust. I had been hoping for Bubu the whole game.

It isn't that I don't like Lucious, there are times he is unstoppable. Today wasn't the day.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Eric and John talking about him now. Stat line unimpressive but he was a big contributor to the win. Stats don't tell the whole story.

sigh

Apr 11, 2006
Denver
Palo made a difference - Clyburn was the difference. Don't forget about Ej as well, that off the glass shot at minute 1:10 to go up 4 was huge imo

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Definitely made an impact. Wouldnt call him 'THE difference', but when Lucious was having an off game we really needed Bubu to step up and he did.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
The drive and dish to Babb and that rebound on the miss that would have gone of Ejim I think it was, both huge plays. Also, his defense was incredible, OU was stumped after he entered the game. The Babb/Bubu D combo was fantastic.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Postgame report: Apparently Korie told the coaches that the team was flowing well and to leave him out of the game and leave Bubu in. Kid wants to win!

<Chapeau>

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Eh. I think it says a lot that Hoiberg had Will handling the ball when Korie went out. Will was the difference today in the second half. No doubt.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Good team has multiple play makers. Today wasn't Korie's day. Bubu played well and controlled the tempo. Does that mean Bubu is better than Korie? No, some players works better depending on who they are playing against.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
Ridiculous thread. Bubu is simply an OK player. I am glad he gave us good minutes today (in the 2nd half mind you, because he was awful in the 1st half). This board has a weird love affair with a player that isn't really all that good. I root for Bubu, but if plays garbage minutes next year because another PG steps in and dominates all the better.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Ridiculous thread. Bubu is simply an OK player. I am glad he gave us good minutes today (in the 2nd half mind you, because he was awful in the 1st half). This board has a weird love affair with a player that isn't really all that good. I root for Bubu, but if plays garbage minutes next year because another PG steps in and dominates all the better.
I dont know about love affair, probably just tired or all the haters who say Bubu isnt good enough to play Big 12 ball. I think he has proven again and again that he is.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Truth is, we made the run with Bubu on the floor. You don't have to score the points to be the one that causes the team to play better. Sorry, but I won't back down on this one. I realize the players contributions of Ejim, Clyburn, Babb, and the others, it changed the complexion of the game, and Oklahoma couldn't adjust. I had been hoping for Bubu the whole game.

It isn't that I don't like Lucious, there are times he is unstoppable. Today wasn't the day.

Anytime somebody feels the need to apologize for what they believe, it is hard to take them seriously.

Palo did a great job, and I won't diminish this fact. However, to call him the difference maker with the way Ejim and Clyburn played in those final 8 minutes leaves me to believe that your definition of difference maker differs greatly from mine.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I know what I saw. Bubu and Will and Levin went to work on offense and the plugging the middle stopped the scoring. Georges played some smart, good defense today.

Last edited: