7 Theories on Time That Would Make Doc Brown's Head Explode

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
I love this kind of stuff...

If you've never been to cracked before don't do it at work. It is borderline NSFW with some inappropriate language. #3 was found to be not true...but still the article is great IMO!

7 Theories on Time That Would Make Doc Brown's Head Explode | Cracked.com

And discuss....

5d2.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
cracked is easily one of the best websites on the internet. If I ever want something interesting/funny to read, I just head over there. Even if I've already read their current articles, their archives are just as good. They've got some incredibly talented writers/performers over there. Michael Swaim, Cody Johnston, and Soren Bowie to name a few.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This article is still my "go to" if I need to laugh.

6 Animals That Just Don't Give A F#@k | Cracked.com

The section on the Mongoose may be the finest bit of prose ever put to paper. I especially love the way the author describes the confrontation between a mongoose and a cobra.

"The iconography of the king cobra inundates our culture, and from Commander to Kai, it is always used to intimidate. The hood, the hypnotic weaving, the forked tongue -- every visual aspect of the king cobra screams rotten death and fear.
And then along comes this doofy hillbilly weasel, which proceeds to murder the **** out of the living embodiment of terror just because there's nothing better to do that day."

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If time travel ever exists in the future, wouldn't we already know now?

perhaps it's closely monitored and governed with a strict non-interference policy. Or, maybe they are interfering, but we just don't know about it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Well I was supposed to be rich and famous but somebody obviously went back in time and changed history therefore butterfly effecting my future into what you see now. Dammit.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
why would they let Hitler party for so long killing so many people? or maybe there was an even more badass guy they stopped and Hitler is tame comparable. :GEEK:

Are you calling Hitler "badass?" I'm not sure Godwin ever took that into account.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
[h=2]#7. We May Not Live in the Present[/h]

This might be my favorite one of the article. So our reality has a "buffer"? Dude we might be living in a computer. Scientists somewhere also have found evidence of our universe being pixelated (kind of)

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
#7. We May Not Live in the Present

This might be my favorite one of the article. So our reality has a "buffer"? Dude we might be living in a computer. Scientists somewhere also have found evidence of our universe being pixelated (kind of)

TV delay. In case we say something whomever is watching wont like said in front of their kids.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Badass in the negative way. Not handsome 80's teenager that grew up on the "wrong" side of the tracks.

You could have just said "not like Darrel, Sodapop, and Ponyboy Curtis," you know. Would have saved you some typing.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
You could have just said "not like Darrel, Sodapop, and Ponyboy Curtis," you know. Would have saved you some typing.

Pretty sure Hitler would have liked Mustangs. Well...if they were around then, and German, of course. Much like Johnny, Hitler liked tough things. The more you know...

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
OK back on topic with non-outsiders stuff...

That last one is male bovine feces. So, when calculating odds of an event happening, if you consider time to be infinite, the odds of something happening...once in a million years....becomes a certainty. Well, we can't have that ****....OK, time's gotta stop then to make sure we don't have to start ignoring **** that might happen in eleventytrillion years. So, guys, whaddaya think, let's come up with some numbers....I'm going with 3 and a half billion years, Bob, but I'm throwing a plus or minus of 200 million years onnat.

I mean, I get the science, and I get the statistics, but they're not really saying that the world's going to end in 3.5 billion years, they're saying that for the purposes of calculation, by putting a finite limit on time, they can discount certain things from happening ever. Like me banging Bar Rafaeli. If you put the odds at one in a trillion, and time is infinite, eventually it'll happen. But, let's be honest, it ain't happening.

<pause for me to let that sink in>
*Edit: Just to be clear, the desire for me to bang Bar Rafaeli is going to have a much shorter life span than a trillion years. Just sayin'

I love Cracked, but that's the hard part of explaining some of this stuff in real terms. It's not that they're really saying that time will stop, it's that by figuring in a probability of time stopping within a certain # of years, it makes their calculations simpler.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
This article is still my "go to" if I need to laugh.

6 Animals That Just Don't Give A F#@k | Cracked.com

The section on the Mongoose may be the finest bit of prose ever put to paper. I especially love the way the author describes the confrontation between a mongoose and a cobra.

"The iconography of the king cobra inundates our culture, and from Commander to Kai, it is always used to intimidate. The hood, the hypnotic weaving, the forked tongue -- every visual aspect of the king cobra screams rotten death and fear.
And then along comes this doofy hillbilly weasel, which proceeds to murder the **** out of the living embodiment of terror just because there's nothing better to do that day."

Agree 100%. This is my go to article if a need a laugh.