McCaffery Stresses Opportunity, Not Rivalry

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
"...Approximately 1,000 tickets still remain for Friday's game..."

What ?#? Tix still available? I guess since we've won the last three, with last year a beat-down, it wouldn't be a rivalry.

Gawd, I'll be in pain if we lose this game; a lot is on the line, particularly our non-conf record.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
You want your guys to respond to a rivalry, but it's also important to not get too caught up in one non-conference game when you're not even near the middle of a 30-game season. I see his point.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I think he is spot on with his approach. We are one of many good teams they will play this year, so don't make it more than what it is......an opprotunity. And I imagine CFH is doing likewise. This isn't college football where you play only 12 games to prove yourself. Winning or losing this game isn't going to make or break the season for either.

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
McCaffery said a lot about our offense and rebounding, but forgot to say anything about our guard defense. I think Kori will have a great night (at least defensively) against the freshman pg's. He is tenacious.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
McCaffery said a lot about our offense and rebounding, but forgot to say anything about our guard defense. I think Kori will have a great night (at least defensively) against the freshman pg's. He is tenacious.

Gessel is the next Jason Kidd, but now it turns out Clemmons (sp? on both) is even BETTER than Jason Kidd.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
If we lose this game, we should think about dropping this series due to the fact that we have nothing to gain from playing this game.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Sorry about no video I'm on my phone. he talked about how this is a big game for the team and how it's not make a break but he also said he thinks well be ranked soon if we weren't already which is fun to hear lol

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
rivalries were so much more fun before the internet. its like you can't publicly admit you have a rival anymore. i loved rick brown's article today, with the 1986 Orr quote to the iowa media after they won in iowa city "I know it just kills you hawks." ahh the good ole days.

if we pound iowa pretty good, it'll be a big time rivalry. fran will try to downplay it, but kids like woodbury, mccabe, oglesby etc grow up hawk homers and hate the cyclones.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
McCaffrey says some nice complimentary things. It will be embarrassing if Iowa wins this game

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron