Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
He actually visited Friday.

drose1

Apr 2, 2010
Chicago
I think this guy also came on Junior Day with Rashad Vaughn and attended the Bylor game together.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Yes - I think he's visited twice: Junior Day, and again this weekend.

Please get a football/ basketball package deal- Malik Rucker and Rashad Vaughn

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Lets hope ARob can pass some good vibes of ISU to him for us :) He has a lot of good offers.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Word is that A-Rob is trying to get him to come to ISU. If he has A-Rob's work ethic, then I really hope we land him. He's a Gopher fan, but then again... so is A-Rob! In fact, A-Rob was very close to transferring to Minnesota after his redshirt freshman year. I think we will get this kid just because of A-Rob telling him things about the program.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
We seem to be recruiting a higher caliber of athlete this year, but so far with not so great results. I guess that's to be expected, but I was hoping Paul's momentum would carry over to recruiting.

So far, two commits with zero other offers between them, so I'm not convinced our problems can be pinned on the fact that we're going after more sought after players.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
We seem to be recruiting a higher caliber of athlete this year, but so far with not so great results. I guess that's to be expected, but I was hoping Paul's momentum would carry over to recruiting.

So far, two commits with zero other offers between them, so I'm not convinced our problems can be pinned on the fact that we're going after more sought after players.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of things right now. We've got two kids that no one else had offered. On the surface, that looks terrible. However, sometimes you get lucky and get a kid before they "blow up." I would think the positives from the OSU game would pay more dividends, but that win might actually help more with next year's class if we can get back to a bowl this year. Many kids are well into their recruiting before that game even happened for the 2013 class.

My biggest concern right now is that we're positioning ourselves to be fighting for 8th in the big twelve with the two Kansas schools for the near future. That's not good.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009

That's a myth and has been since the start. We are recruiting the same type of players. It was a cover for our "slow" recruiting. The problem is our best recruiter is based in Florida and its hard to get kids to commit to something they haven't seen yet. We will have this "slow" recruiting every year we don't have an "in" with a kid.

I will say that our first two commits this year look very good. The saftey commit is one of the most impressive recruits we've had in the last couple classes.

Last edited: