Wallaby's make list of top 101 best sports bars

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
I see Joe Sensers in Bloomington, MN made it. I went there to watch the Toledo debacle in 2007, little did i know that was a Hawkeye alumni watch party bar. Horrible night, although the Hawks lost to Wisky that night so at least it wasnt a total loss. I liked the bar, hated the atmosphere for obvious reasons

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I see Joe Sensers in Bloomington, MN made it. I went there to watch the Toledo debacle in 2007, little did i know that was a Hawkeye alumni watch party bar. Horrible night, although the Hawks lost to Wisky that night so at least it wasnt a total loss. I liked the bar, hated the atmosphere for obvious reasons

Yeah, I went there to watch a Cyclone loss one time. The entire second half was ruined (beyond the terrible game) by the kNU fans showing up for their game and being a bunch of jackwagons.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
My only complaint with Wallaby's is that the televisions at your table usually have poor reception.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Top 100 in Ames only maybe. So many things wrong with that place. But did have my first date with my wife there.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
by all means, be specific.

I enjoyed the place the few tiems i went.

This is just my opinion...
Its too small and usually a dreadful wait if anything is going on in town, no place to wait either.
It's over priced
The tv set up is horrendous, at least it was last time I was there.
The service isnt the best, a girl was once fired while still waiting on my wife and her table. She came back to the table crying to pick up the check.
There are a few decent items on the menu, but overall there are many places in ames id go to before wallabys.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
A long wait is usually a good thing; meaning the food is good so people want to be there.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Whoever made this list is smoking something....
Alaska? Come on. Mississippi? What the. Smoking retreads.

Getting Wallaby's in there was one of the few highlights. My only regret of hanging in Wallaby's is I think lost my hearing there.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Its too small and usually a dreadful wait if anything is going on in town, no place to wait either.
It's over priced
The service isnt the best, a girl was once fired while still waiting on my wife and her table. She came back to the table crying to pick up the check.
There are a few decent items on the menu, but overall there are many places in ames id go to before wallabys.
I'm gonna disagree with pretty much everything here.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
It's over priced

I can't really agree with any of this. It's a sports bar, it's busy because it's good and a popular destination. It's no smaller than most restaurants in Ames, which have very similar waits. I get the feeling you don't go out in Ames on Friday night a lot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron