Mizoo Lack of Attendance

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Considering Mizoo was on the brink of bowl eligibility, senior day and all their excitment over the SEC all they could put in the stands was 54k in a 70k seat stadium - looked bad on TV. I wonder how few will be in KC for the KU game that is not televised?

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Considering Mizoo was on the brink of bowl eligibility, senior day and all their excitment over the SEC all they could put in the stands was 54k in a 70k seat stadium - looked bad on TV. I wonder how few will be in KC for the KU game that is not televised?

You REALLY need to read more than the first post in a thread...

And what was going on at the CBE Tourney in KC last night? More than 11K in attendance? I thought everyone in KC hated Missouri now? I suppose a lot of them were UC-Berkeley fans.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
According to ESPN attendance numbers, Mizzou has only hit capacity once, this year, and it was against ISU. Every other home game, they've been under capacity, sometimes significantly.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

And what was going on at the CBE Tourney in KC last night? More than 11K in attendance? I thought everyone in KC hated Missouri now? I suppose a lot of them were UC-Berkeley fans.

What's that have to do with football?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Doesn't the Sprint Center seat 18k+? ISU drew 11155 last night against a scrub team in a stadium that seats thousands less in a town a fraction the size of KC.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
According to ESPN attendance numbers, Mizzou has only hit capacity once, this year, and it was against ISU. Every other home game, they've been under capacity, sometimes significantly.

Clearly we were their super bowl.

Two huge metro areas and no one gives a ****. Sad for them.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
That's so sad for their players to have a fanbase that doesn't even support them at home.

says the fanbase that couldn't sell out a night crowd against mizzou with the north title on the line. first time in history we could have won the north outright and we couldn't sell out a stadium with 20k fewer seats. now that is truly sad.

i was depressed at that game seeing empty seats. this fan base really has no leg to stand on in terms of attendance. yes, this year was great but how many great attendance years have we ever had? not many.

Reactions: stateofmind

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Doesn't the Sprint Center seat 18k+? ISU drew 11155 last night against a scrub team in a stadium that seats thousands less in a town a fraction the size of KC.

Except there were probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 that actually attended the ISU/UNC game

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
The problem for Mizzou has been and always will be that Kansas City and St. Louis are pro-sport cities.

No one really gives a crap about Mizzou unless they went to school there. The really only casual fans of college sports are fans of KU basketball though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Except there were probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 that actually attended the ISU/UNC game

ISU has a higher PUBLISHED attendance than Mizzou. Most stadiums play the inflated game.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

There really is no argument here. Missouri attendance and traveling reputaiton is not good, it's just the facts. Has been that way for years. You have two major cities on either side of you and you are drawing 50K. There really isn't an arguemnt you can make. It's just reality. You can say 2 plus 2 equals five, but it doesn't make it right.

Argue about somethign else, this topic is a poor choice.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
There really is no argument here. Missouri attendance and traveling reputaiton is not good, it's just the facts. Has been that way for years. You have two major cities on either side of you and you are drawing 50K. There really isn't an arguemnt you can make. It's just reality. You can say 2 plus 2 equals five, but it doesn't make it right.

Argue about somethign else, this topic is a poor choice.

Missouri: 6 million people.
Iowa: 3 million people.

Missouri? Draws 50,000 for a football game with 1 school.
Iowa? 120,000+ on a weekend where Iowa and Iowa State play at home.

:biglaugh:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm convinced there are 2 reasons the SEC wants Mizzou.

1. To get an easy win for their other teams.
2. They are near lots of eyeballs.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
says the fanbase that couldn't sell out a night crowd against mizzou with the north title on the line. first time in history we could have won the north outright and we couldn't sell out a stadium with 20k fewer seats. now that is truly sad.

i was depressed at that game seeing empty seats. this fan base really has no leg to stand on in terms of attendance. yes, this year was great but how many great attendance years have we ever had? not many.

Good grief - 2004 called...it wants it's argument back. The current ISU fanbase is nothing like it was in 2004. The 'lost generation' is finally starting to wear off and be less of an issue and they are being replaced by a new/young fanbase. I became an ISU fan in 98' when I was 20 years old. Now I've got a family (and they are ISU fans, etc.) ISU is just now starting to reap the rewards of investing in football in the late 90's.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
That's so sad for their players to have a fanbase that doesn't even support them at home.

Especially when you consider the Mizzou fans (if you can call them fans) were threatening to pull their donations, threatening to cancel their season tickets, etc... if the Mizzou Administrators didn't make the move to put Mizzou in the SEC.

So let's get this straight... Mizzou's stadium is an embarrassment, the rug they have is so worn out that their star RB hit the triple crown of knee injuries in the Texas game potentially ending his career, their fans can't even come close to filling their stadium, yet their fans were pushing like hell to make a move to the SEC where every year will be a death march for the Tigers? That makes perfect sense doesn't it? Meth is one hell of a drug. :confused:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

40 years ago we weren't filling Clyde Williams Stadium. And years ago, Apple was a struggling company. So what. In looking toward the future, I see good things. Record attendance this year. IMO, it will be a record for season tickets guaranteed for next year. I see ISU bowling in the South Endzone in the future. The CPR era will be a special time. It is time for those on the fence to get on board now.

I could care less about Mizzou. But I can see them go back down to irrelevance. IMO, that seems to happen after a coach gets a DUI and recruits start leaving in droves.

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
#1 is very important when they follow suit and go to 9 conference games.

A 9th conference game is HIGHLY unlikely--in fact the official conference line is it will not happen. The coaches/AD's don't want it because it makes winning the national title that much harder. The only people that want it are the media and some fans who have been drinking too much kool-aid.