Mark Brunnell blew thru $50million

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Add TO to the pile of unemployed. Wait, he has an offer to play arena football. That should give him $50k a year.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think TO was offered a special offer of 250k, but yeah, arena league guys make very little if in the lower levels.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
It's really nothing different than something like what Donald Trump went through in the 90's. Alot of these guys got involved in Real Estate dealings that went bad... Not to mention, Brunnell has donated more than $15 million to charities over his career... You think he might want to get some of that back?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Put a few million in a few banks and then play/invest with the rest. Lose the rest and you still have a couple million left to slum it with.

You don't have to be smart to be rich but it helps if you want to stay that way.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Put a few million in a few banks and then play/invest with the rest. Lose the rest and you still have a couple million left to slum it with.

You don't have to be smart to be rich but it helps if you want to stay that way.

Yeah - another way of looking at it: "You're already wealthy, you don't need to grow that wealth, but preserve it"...

I feel bad for this guy because unlike Barkely, Vick and John Daly, who blew their money on gambling and illegal behavior, Brunnell did legit things and wanted to start businesses. And donated a lot to charitable organizations

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Too lazy to click the link and read the article...assuming coke and strippers. $50 mill? that's a lot of coke and strippers.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yeah - another way of looking at it: "You're already wealthy, you don't need to grow that wealth, but preserve it"...

I feel bad for this guy because unlike Barkely, Vick and John Daly, who blew their money on gambling and illegal behavior, Brunnell did legit things and wanted to start businesses. And donated a lot to charitable organizations

I don't feel bad for anyone who loses 50 mill unless there was a Ponzi scheme involed. Even then, diversify. What are the odds of hitting 2 Ponzi schemes?

At worst put a million bucks under your mattress.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I have no sympathy for him. When you are wealthy as he was, why would you take the risk of opening real estate businesses and Whataburger franchises?

When you've reached a certain level of wealth, you need to realize that your #1 goal should be to defend said wealth in a low-risk, diversified portfolio.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I have no sympathy for him. When you are wealthy as he was, why would you take the risk of opening real estate businesses and Whataburger franchises?

When you've reached a certain level of wealth, you need to realize that your #1 goal should be to defend said wealth in a low-risk, diversified portfolio.

Yeah, what a jerk. I mean, trying to start small businesses that would create jobs for other people during a period of high unemployment. Who does that???

Help Support Us

Become a patron