NFL: Sage the Rage Released

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
He needs to catch a break and show that he can play. Plenty of worthless QBs have had it easier and more opportunities to play than he has ever gotten.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
He needs to catch a break and show that he can play. Plenty of worthless QBs have had it easier and more opportunities to play than he has ever gotten.

I'm guessing there's probably a reason for that just like I'm sure there's a reason Orton is starting in Denver. I'm going to go ahead and guess coaches play the guy who thinks gives them the best shot to win. Their job security is on the line.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site

He played in 15 games in 2007 and 2008. He had his chance. He's now 33, he won't be showing anyone anything at this point.

Reactions: Mr Janny

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
I'm guessing there's probably a reason for that just like I'm sure there's a reason Orton is starting in Denver. I'm going to go ahead and guess coaches play the guy who thinks gives them the best shot to win. Their job security is on the line.

You lie. Coaches always play the worst players they have.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

This. Sage has had 10 years to make a splash. He hasn't done it. Some Clone fans seem to think he's gotten a screw job over the years. It's just not true. He's had a nice career as a backup, is probably set for life, financially, and has been mostly able to keep his health. That's plenty good.

Reactions: IcSyU

kennedycarbe

Sep 30, 2011
Giants released Sage Rosenfels...think he catches a flight to Miami?

Most people remember Sage for his collapse as a Houston Texan when he tried to do too much & basically, single handedly gave the Colts the win after building a sizeable lead!

Last edited:

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7gOjE0]Sage Rosenfels Helicopter hurdle - YouTube[/ame]

dmcy

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa Altoona pres
It is all a matter of timing. Imagine if the Vikes had not traded him last year. He might have had a nice year in Mn. I would lke to see him back there to either start or back up Ponder. Hope they get rid of mcnabb

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
He had plenty of shots in Minnesota to do something and didn't. I have my doubts this year would've been different.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I humbly disagree. They signed Favre the same summer as Rosenfels, so he was always a backup.

So when Favre went down, where was Sage? He couldn't even surpass Tarvaris on the depth chart, and god knows Tarvaris wasn't an NFL quarterback 90% of the time. Childress was an idiot but he wasn't trying to intentionally throw crappy guys out there. He ended up losing his job so I highly doubt he's THAT stupid.

Last edited:

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
So when Favre went down, where was Sage? He couldn't even surpass Tarvaris on the depth chart, and god knows Tarvaris wasn't an NFL quarterback 90% of the time. Childress was an idiot but he wasn't trying to intentionally throw crappy guys out there. He ended up losing his job so I highly doubt he's THAT stupid.
To be honest...Childress had a man crush on T-Joke. I wouldn't doubt they were sleeping together at that time. I am 115% certain Sage could have did a better job than T-Joke.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
To be honest...Childress had a man crush on T-Joke. I wouldn't doubt they were sleeping together at that time. I am 115% certain Sage could have did a better job than T-Joke.

Is that why T-jack is still a starting QB in this league and Sage has been cut?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

What if I told you Sage wore Yoga pants to the practice facility. Would that change your mind?

Reactions: coachdags