NFL: Tebow Era Over in Denver?

cigaretteman

Nov 8, 2006
Iowa
The consensus in speaking with a handful of team personnel executives when it comes to one Tim Tebow is this: A trade could happen, but it's becoming increasingly likely the Broncos will keep or cut Tebow because the trade interest is dwindling rapidly.

The executives portray the Tebow situation as a complicated one. They believe that while the Broncos are not openly trying to trade Tebow, they say that when teams have recently inquired about him, the Broncos haven't been saying he's off the trading block, either.

Again, just to be clear, the Broncos aren't openly shopping Tebow but teams that have asked were told: Make us an offer we can't refuse.

The Broncos might deny this, but based on their recent actions, it seems they're realizing Tebow might not be a bona fide NFL thrower. Tebow was the third quarterback in Denver's last game. It might not stay that way, and there is a solid chance Tebow simply stays in Denver and learns and the franchise keeps him around.

But do you put a guy you like in that kind of embarrassing situation? Probably not.

The are two big problems for the Broncos and Tebow. First, there's the belief that the Broncos might even cut Tebow (I don't see that), so why would a team trade for him?

Second, some in football think Tebow might need to be switched to another position. One team executive says he believes Tebow would be a Pro Bowl fullback, a belief I've heard several times from others around the sport.
Is Tebow now untradeable? - CBSSports.com

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
They arent gonna cut him. Even jamarcus russell got 3 years to prove himself

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
How many teams use a fullback anymore? How about used in the 'wildcat' formation?

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
really happy a 1st round pick got completely wasted on him by my favorite team.... i wanted to fire mcdaniels on the spot after that

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
But...but...haven't you seen his commercial? Everyone said he couldn't make it in this league...he will show them soon enough! Ha.....

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
The Denver organization is a laughing stock right now. Mcdaniels wasn't the problem, Tebow had a ton of value this offseason, as did Orton and they got nothing out of either one. They could've gotten decent value out of either of those guys. Tebow played well at the end of last season when given real-game experience.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
The Denver organization is a laughing stock right now. Mcdaniels wasn't the problem, Tebow had a ton of value this offseason, as did Orton and they got nothing out of either one. They could've gotten decent value out of either of those guys. Tebow played well at the end of last season when given real-game experience.

Prior to preseason, I think Tebow had more "value" than Orton - at least in the eyes of Denver for sure, hence wanting to trade.

I think the "value" has switched drastically. In this case, Tebow isn't helping himself at all, and Orton, based off the two exhibition games so far, has really showed some potential under the right system to do some good things for a team. Not a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning level QB, but enough to lead and win a Super Bowl.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Well it just goes to show ya

Talent beats hard work when hard work isn't talented enough.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I just wanted to post this picture again.

tebow-crying.jpg

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm absolutely shocked that an inaccurate QB with a slow delivery who never had to read a defense in college is stuggling in the NFL. Shocked.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron