07-08 Season

bcr4isu

Oct 17, 2006
With a chance to see 2 exhibition games what do you think reasonable expectations for this year should be? I think we will improve everygame and suprise a few teams. I could see 15, 16 maybe 17 wins and a NIT invite.

Last edited:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
IM totally down with thinking this team can flirt with an above .500 record. NIT might be pushing it, but if we stay healthy it is a real possiblity.

If somehow we pull it off and Lucca can come back I would call us a legit NIT team.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm always drinking the Kool-Aid...I think we are more along the lines of 17-19 wins before the Big 12 Tourney.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Or Kansas State. They could very well be ranked, and ranked pretty high, when they come into Hilton one of the last games of the year. That could be a great atmosphere.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
If Lucca is reinstated, we make the Dance, otherwise we need some guys to step up in a big way.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I can't really make a prediction until I see how our guards handle some physical defenders and a team that presses. I think both of those things could give us some problems.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I think we will be much better than last year. I believe we have many many more scoring threats at every position. The guard position does scare me a little bit but, I feel a little more confident with Peterson in there.

Our inexperienced frosh players means we lose a couple early that we shouldn't but, later in the season they develope and we win a couple we're not suppose to.

I'm going with 17 wins

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I am going to say our season rests on 5 things
1. Jiri's health, as long as that foot is fully healed.. that will be a big +
2. Rashon's health, the guy is a leader and a naggin knee injury is somthing that i hope does not bother him to much
3. If Lucca gets to play, i have yet to see him play, but we need all the help we can get
4. If Lucca does not play we will need guys to step up even more then they already have to
5. If every one buys into the system and picks up on it quickly.. seemed like last year we didnt know all the plays for a while..

If everything goes our way.. i can see anywhere from 16-19 games... im hoping for a upset of Kansas at home.. heck we came close last year why not this year?

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
If Lucca is reinstated, we make the Dance, otherwise we need some guys to step up in a big way.

I dont want to pee in anyone's cheerios.....but this guy have has never even played in a game. I've seen many amazing gym talents that dont pan out in the real game.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
you guys are too low. this is a 20 win team - bank on it.

Uh oh, I'm saving that one for posterity.

I still think this is a 17 win team, especially if Lucca isn't around to contribute.

I like the squad to make the NCAA's next year though.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
I think we're going to miss Jiri a lot next year. If we're not good enough to get to the NCAA's this year, I'm not sure why we would be next year. I'd love it if Hamilton comes in and is good enough to step right into the starting 5, but I wouldn't bet on it. Plus what I've seen of AT (just watching the 2 exhibition games) it doesn't seem like he's any kind of a "replacement" for Jiri. Maybe if McDermott can get him to keep his back to the bucket and learn to jump more than 6 inches off the floor, but not until then.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I think we're going to miss Jiri a lot next year. If we're not good enough to get to the NCAA's this year, I'm not sure why we would be next year. I'd love it if Hamilton comes in and is good enough to step right into the starting 5, but I wouldn't bet on it. Plus what I've seen of AT (just watching the 2 exhibition games) it doesn't seem like he's any kind of a "replacement" for Jiri. Maybe if McDermott can get him to keep his back to the bucket and learn to jump more than 6 inches off the floor, but not until then.

I think you're right, but the hope is that the four-headed monster that is Brackins, Thompson, CJ, and Vette will be bigger and stronger and able to compete in the Big 12.

I'm not ready to send AT back to Iowa just yet, but he does have some work to do. The second half of the EA sports game was much better for him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron