Jiri back this weekend?

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I hope we don't rush him back and he is truly is healthy. Having Jiri out for Winston-Salem State is not a big deal. Having him miss some serious games would be a bad thing.

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
I thought i remembered hearing that Jiri has been able to do sprints in practice for a few days now but they were not going to play him during the exhibition games because they do not matter. I was thinking that if the past two games would have been counted towards the record that Jiri would have been available.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I still say they save him for Bradley. Thompson, Brackins, and Vette are getting valuable playing time. We know Jiri can play. Let Vette learn how to not foul out so quickly.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I hope he can get one game under his belt before Bradley, just because we've struggled with the flow of the game and it'd be nice to get him on the floor with other starters so they can build some continuity before what is going to be a tough game at Bradley.

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
I have been hoping that Vette would be red-shirted. We really do not need him this year, next year he could be a good player off the bench.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I still say they save him for Bradley. Thompson, Brackins, and Vette are getting valuable playing time. We know Jiri can play. Let Vette learn how to not foul out so quickly.

Eh, they need to get him in for a bit, though. If he can play, and it's not going to make him any worse, he's gotta get in for some minutes. Don't want him to be too cold after sitting out the first four games if he doesn't have to.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I am really, really, really excited to watch Jiri this season. I think he's going to be a beast for us this year, with another full off-season under G-Mac and his increased size/strength.

And the thought of him and Brackins in the game at the same time makes me giddy.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I am really, really, really excited to watch Jiri this season. I think he's going to be a beast for us this year, with another full off-season under G-Mac and his increased size/strength.

And the thought of him and Brackins in the game at the same time makes me giddy.

I feel pretty good about a possible lineup of Peterson, Wesley, Rahshon, Brackins, and Hubalek

From there you can move things a round a bit... toss in Haluska or someone.. good times.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Vette is not ready for a real game, especially on defense. I hope to see him redshirt this year as well..

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I feel that with the potential that this team has, we could be rushing the floor multiple times this year! And Iowa does not count.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Jiri was healthy enough to play last night but the decision was made to let him rest since it was an exhibition game. All indication is he will be ready on Friday (he will be practicing this week with the team).

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
If it is only an avulsion fx in his foot, he should be ready to go anytime. I'm sure the ISU staff is smart enough not to risk him. Im wouldnt be surprised if he plays Friday.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron