NBA: Cool Jordan video

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8TA9iT_5vA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Michael Jordan - The Greatest There Ever Will Be (HD Upgrade)‬‏[/ame]

LeBron...watch and learn.

Reactions: CycloneErik

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
There is always a bias towards more recent athletes. People have a way of forgetting athletes from the past.

This talk of Lebron being as good or better than Jordan is an example of that. These two are not even in the same league. I think those advocating for James are either too young or have sort of forgotten how unbelievable Jordan was. He could not be stopped when it counted.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Everyone else is fighting for #2 on the list of greatest ever. Sure, MJ won 6 rings. But what doesn't get mentioned enough is that he was 6-0 in the NBA Finals. When he took his team to the finals, they never lost.

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
I dont know how people can argue that Lebron is in the same league as MJ after watching these finals

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I dont know how people can argue that Lebron is in the same league as MJ after watching these finals

Lebron isn't even in the same league with Kobe, IMO. Kobe is no Jordan, but he is at least someone worthy of comparing. Comparing Lebron and Jordan is an insult to Jordan.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008

Not very many people try and make that argument. Other people just take a statement like "He has the potential to be as good as MJ" and turn it into "that idiot thinks LeBron is as good as MJ."

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
Not very many people try and make that argument. Other people just take a statement like "He has the potential to be as good as MJ" and turn it into "that idiot thinks LeBron is as good as MJ."

I know a lot of people who try to make that argument. Apparently I know a lot of idiots:spinny:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
In defense of Lebron, he isn't the one comparing himself to Jordan. Granted, counting championships for two hands before you win a single one is pretty stupid.

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
In defense of Lebron, he isn't the one comparing himself to Jordan. Granted, counting championships for two hands before you win a single one is pretty stupid.

He did bring it on himself a bit by getting a tattoo of "The Chosen One" written on him and glossing himself King James

Last edited:

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
I realize this video isn't an actual Nike commercial, rather something some random person put together. But I think there's something to it. Guess we'll see after the next two games.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVCjUG1Mww]YouTube - ‪Michael Jordan Responds To Lebron (Original Video Mash-Up) "Maybe You Should Rise"‬‏[/ame]

Reactions: CyForPresident

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I bought the newest pair of Jordan Retro's last week, and I will never buy a pair of LeBrick's shoes. A little off topic I know, but Jordan is and more than likely will be the best player of all time.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I bought the newest pair of Jordan Retro's last week, and I will never buy a pair of LeBrick's shoes. A little off topic I know, but Jordan is and more than likely will be the best player of all time.

I'll put my Jordan collection up against anyone on this board. :smile: