PS3 Media Server

yowizz

Aug 16, 2010
Has anyone had any luck sharing media between their PC and PS3 via media server? I have tried everything and can't get my PC and PS3 to see each other.

clone26

Jan 30, 2009
DSM
www.explorethemetro.com
Has anyone had any luck sharing media between their PC and PS3 via media server? I have tried everything and can't get my PC and PS3 to see each other.

I got a new laptop a few months ago and my PS3 automatically recognized it. The connection between the 2 was pretty sketchy though, probably due to internet connection.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
There might be a setting on your computer or router that is messing it up. Sorry I don't have time to look specifically for what its called or where its at because I gotta get to work. But I'm pretty sure I have my computer hidden so the other computers on the network can't see me or try sharing media files with me.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I use a program called MediaLink for my Macbook to stream wirelessly to my PS3 and XBox 360.

For my desktop PC, I just open Windows Media Player and I can access my music and movies on both consoles. Make sure all your sources are on the same network for this to work - I have all my game consoles and PC hard-wired to the router.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Tversity here too, I run an older version and haven't had any problems

yowizz

Aug 16, 2010
I have tried PS3 Media Server and Windows Media Player but haven't had any luck. I can ping my PS3 from my PC and my anti-virus software sees my PS3 on the network but windows doesn't see it. I'm sure it's some stupid little configuration that i can't find.

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
In PS3 media server under General Configuration you might have to Force networking on interface to the NIC card you are using. I have two in my machine, the wireless card and non wireless. Since I'm connecting to the media server using non wireless, I have to select that.

Not sure if that is what is wrong, but it's something to check.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Tversity here. No problems, other than my older laptop couldn't handle the RAM use by the Server process.