USMNT vs. Argentina (3/26)

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Match is tonight at 6pm. Who else will be watching?

For anyone interested, the Des Moines American Outlaws will be watching at Victor's in Urbandale:

AO Des Moines

COME GET A FREE BEER!

AODesMoines.jpg

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I'll be watching at a pub here in Phoenix. I'm excited for the match, but bummed about Stu Holden's injury. The guy just can't seem to catch a break. But if the U.S. has a position where they can overcome an injury it is definitely in the midfield. I would like to see Bradley get Ream and Agudelo into the match today to see how they play against a world class side.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I'll be watching at a pub here in Phoenix. I'm excited for the match, but bummed about Stu Holden's injury. The guy just can't seem to catch a break. But if the U.S. has a position where they can overcome an injury it is definitely in the midfield. I would like to see Bradley get Ream and Agudelo into the match today to see how they play against a world class side.

I think we'll see a more veteran side for the game tonight, and a younger squad for the game v Paraguay on Tuesday.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Yea, I was actually watching the Bolton v Man United match where Holden got destroyed... such a brutal challenge. I feel really bad for him. He seems to have a great attitude about it from following him on Twitter, so I'm sure he'll fight back once again.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I think we'll see a more veteran side for the game tonight, and a younger squad for the game v Paraguay on Tuesday.

I don't doubt this at all and I'm not necessarily saying that they should start. I still think it would be a good idea though to get a look at both Ream and Agudelo against Argentina as second half subs. I think both could be important members of this summer's Gold Cup squad and some limited minutes against a quality side could be important as both a measuring stick and as incentive.

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
I will be watching, Stu Holden always seems to get injured before a big international match. It would be nice to see how he would play with Bradley in the middle. I just hope to see our younger defenders develop before the next WC.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I'm all about taking it slow with promising young players, but you can't argue the point that the US looked like a completely different team once they subbed Agudelo in the second half. His goal was admittedly pretty fluky, but the US squad as a whole took on a completely different look once he entered the match. And Chandler had something to do with the change as well. Timmy looked like a real threat from the right back position and made things happen in the second half.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron