MLB: Cubs to Seek $300 Million for Wrigley Renovations

Neckbeard

Dec 20, 2008
Not a particularly good moment for a billionaire owner to ask a bankrupt state for a healthy sized loan. This is an issue built for political grandstanding and few places do that quite like Illinois. I side with Ricketts, the plan seems to make sense and will lead into an investment in the neighborhood. He doesn't have his hand out in the same manner the Sonics owners and many others have.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Not a particularly good moment for a billionaire owner to ask a bankrupt state for a healthy sized loan. This is an issue built for political grandstanding and few places do that quite like Illinois. I side with Ricketts, the plan seems to make sense and will lead into an investment in the neighborhood. He doesn't have his hand out in the same manner the Sonics owners and many others have.

Cough... Chiefs, Royals... Cough

Ylabhunter

Jan 6, 2010
Ankeny
Wrigley being a Historic Landmark it prevents alot revenue that the Ricketts could be getting. Thus it makes total sense to ask for the cash first, they could get grants and federal money.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
I will miss singing sweet caroline to no music in the rusty stairwells during rain delays.

Nothing beats downing a pint of walker outside because they found it in your cargo pants at the ticket gate.