Iowa State IS big brother in basketball

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I get all this talk from Hawk fans that Iowa is the big brother in the state at football, which is fine because they have owned our butts the last few years and they get that respect. Iowa State is Big Brother when basketball season comes around though. When i turn around and say this back to Hawk fans, all they say is that they dont give a crap about basketball and all that. If Iowa starts doing alright in basketball then they jump on the bandwagon. Biggest bandwagon fans i've ever seen. I dont see Iowa beating Iowa State anytime soon in basketball. Girls or boys for that matter. I think Iowa State owns the state this year. We will take down all Iowa, UNI and Drake. **** on Hawk fans.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I hate Iowa. I hate everything about them. Especially their fans!! I get this all the time. Somehow football is the only thing that matters. Iowa has the worst fans in all of college sports.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Love the optimism for the basketball program by CFH hasn't coached his first game yet and UNI probably could stake a claim on Big Brother recently, lets win some games before we crown ourselves king of the basketball hill.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I think Iowa State owns the state this year. We will take down all Iowa, UNI and Drake. **** on Hawk fans.

I think we can beat Drake at Hilton, and possibly Iowa on the road this season. I would be shocked to see ISU beat UNI in Cedar Falls this season.

Objectively and subjectively, UNI has been the big brother when it comes to basketball in the state the last couple of seasons. Heck, even Drake was in their dream season three years ago.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Love the optimism for the basketball program by CFH hasn't coached his first game yet and UNI probably could stake a claim on Big Brother recently, lets win some games before we crown ourselves king of the basketball hill.
He might not have to coach at all with Bob Lutz on his side. Great Coach Mr. Lutz is.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
I think Iowa State owns the state this year. We will take down all Iowa, UNI and Drake. **** on Hawk fans.

I think we can beat Drake at Hilton, and possibly Iowa on the road this season. I would be shocked to see ISU beat UNI in Cedar Falls this season.

Objectively and subjectively, UNI has been the big brother when it comes to basketball in the state the last couple of seasons. Heck, even Drake was in their dream season three years ago.

Not saying we would beat UNI in basketball, but how many seniors did they lose from that team? Just wondering.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
I learned last year that expectations don't always translate to results. But I'll have what Clone21 is having, let me go check the beer thread

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Minor detail, but the journalist in me has to correct it. In high school, it's boys and girls sports. In college, it's mens and womens.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
please delete this thread...its as embarrassing as the teams we have produced the last few years, we are behind UNI and on the same level as Iowa which is nothing to brag about

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I get all this talk from Hawk fans that Iowa is the big brother in the state at football, which is fine because they have owned our butts the last few years and they get that respect. Iowa State is Big Brother when basketball season comes around though. When i turn around and say this back to Hawk fans, all they say is that they dont give a crap about basketball and all that. If Iowa starts doing alright in basketball then they jump on the bandwagon. Biggest bandwagon fans i've ever seen. I dont see Iowa beating Iowa State anytime soon in basketball. Girls or boys for that matter. I think Iowa State owns the state this year. We will take down all Iowa, UNI and Drake. **** on Hawk fans.

You must be joking? UNI has been "big brother" in basketball for a few years now. Pretty sure last year solidified that...I'm glad I read this before bed. This will put a smile on my face after getting absolutely hammered in our varsity game tonight. Wow...just wow.

maizenblue

Aug 14, 2007
surely this must be a troll thread.

isu has not been relevant on the national scene since we got blown out by unc in 06??? such delusions of grandeur only serve to fuel hawk fans

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
surely this must be a troll thread.

isu has not been relevant on the national scene since we got blown out by unc in 06??? such delusions of grandeur only serve to fuel hawk fans
2005. But yeah, its been half a decade since we've been relevant in MBB. Please, Fred, bring us back!!!!

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008

No offense man, but you are setting yourself up for a huge fall, and honestly making Cyclone nation look foolish with this kind of boasting. Is there reason to be happy? Sure there is, but there are plenty of reasons why we should be cautious, too. Tons of questions surrounding the men's basketball program. We're not in any position to be bragging about anything, right now, with the exception women's basketball.

Here are some words of wisdom, friend. Your posts suggest that you're a man ruled by your emotions. I believe I've seen you post stuff like "If X doesn't happen, then I give up on humanity." and "**** my life" when our teams aren't performing to your liking, as well as other emotional knee-jerk responses. First of all, I hope you are joking when you write crap like that. And second, try to have some more realistic expectations, and you won't be ready to jump off a cliff when things don't work out exactly the way you want. That is not to say that you can't have high hopes. Quite the opposite, actually. You can still dream big, but just dream smart.

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
I hate Iowa. I hate everything about them. Especially their fans!! I get this all the time. Somehow football is the only thing that matters. Iowa has the worst fans in all of college sports.

Husker fans are the same way.

They actually don't even root for the basketball team, they root for Creighton.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Husker fans are the same way.

They actually don't even root for the basketball team, they root for Creighton.

The Big Ten now has both historically worst BCS conference basketball teams.

Nebraska & Northwestern - zero for all time in the big dance.