What is going to be new at your Tailgate Sep 2???

nwiafan

Dec 22, 2008
Hawarden
For me it will definately be some free Kum and Go beer for those that stop off and the addition of Polish Horseshoes to the game collection.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
The friends we tailgate with had their first child. That will be new. I hope the kid doesn't mind watching his daddy cry when I whip him at Bags.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We're getting a large group of formerely separate tailgates all kind of conglomerated together. Should be a good crowd, and everyone has different games and stuff like that.

Personally, I'll be building a new flagpole this weekend. Probably going for about 15 feet high. I'll need to go pick out a new flag too.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Working on finishing up a bags set this week. Moving from G7 to a donor lot so thats new.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Kubb!! How were you introduced to that game? I love playing it, and I built my own Kubb set, but I am thinking there may not be enough space to play in the lots...

I just googled it and it looks like there wont be a lot of room unless you are in G-7. Otherwise some people will be a little PO'd after some big wooden stix hit their cars and trucks.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Working on finishing up a bags set this week. Moving from G7 to a donor lot so thats new.

I have been wanting to build my own bags set for awhile, haven't gotten around to researching. Would you mind explaining the measurements you used and how you built/finished? Is there a good set of instructions to make some high quality/long-lasting sets? Thanks

jammer

Aug 18, 2009
Happy to say that we just visited the shop that is painting our Tailgate Rig and she will be done tomorrow. Visit her at www.tailgatetruck.com.

There are a number of new things we've added and they are all for your tailgating pleasure. Visitors are welcome to stop in at A3 and check the old girl out, we'd be PROUD to show her off.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Happy to say that we just visited the shop that is painting our Tailgate Rig and she will be done tomorrow. Visit her at www.tailgatetruck.com.

There are a number of new things we've added and they are all for your tailgating pleasure. Visitors are welcome to stop in at A3 and check the old girl out, we'd be PROUD to show her off.

That's pretty sweet! I'd love to bring something like that to the lots.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I have been wanting to build my own bags set for awhile, haven't gotten around to researching. Would you mind explaining the measurements you used and how you built/finished? Is there a good set of instructions to make some high quality/long-lasting sets? Thanks

I just looked around at a couple sites. Generally they are 24"x48" with a 1' long leg. We just made ours out of composite board and 2x4s. I will post some picks after this weekend when we get them painted.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Why move from G7???

We have been in the student lots for a couple years but the tailgate that we attended all graduated. So now we got a parking pass (B4) and we are starting our own.

My issue with G7 this year will be the mosquitoes. That entire lot was under water just a couple weeks ago. I am already bitten up, would rather not continue.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
We have been in the student lots for a couple years but the tailgate that we attended all graduated. So now we got a parking pass (B4) and we are starting our own.

My issue with G7 this year will be the mosquitoes. That entire lot was under water just a couple weeks ago. I am already bitten up, would rather not continue.
Bug spray, cold beer, and smoky grill = no mosquitos.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron