DISH Network Question

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I recently moved to Des Moines and got DISH Network. I sat down to watch a Twins game tonight on ESPN2 and it is blacked out. The game is in freaking Texas, how is it blacked out in Iowa? I called and the guy says that television rights can be bought out. I never had this problem with cable. Is this a regular occurrance with DISH Network and will I have to worry about this when the Clones play?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Twins, Brewers, Cardinals, Royals, White Sox, and Cubs all black out unless they're on their home networks...

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I recently moved to Des Moines and got DISH Network. I sat down to watch a Twins game tonight on ESPN2 and it is blacked out. The game is in freaking Texas, how is it blacked out in Iowa? I called and the guy says that television rights can be bought out. I never had this problem with cable. Is this a regular occurrance with DISH Network and will I have to worry about this when the Clones play?

Not a Dish Network problem, but an MLB problem.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny

To be honest, I'm shocked you didn't have this problem with cable. I guess maybe since you weren't in Des Moines before. I had the problem with cable and still have it occasionally with Dish Network.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
Twins, Brewers, Cardinals, Royals, White Sox, and Cubs all black out unless they're on their home networks...

It must be a 'package' thing because I get pretty much every game on my alternate channels.

Hawkcigar

Oct 22, 2006
You just need to get the Multi-Sport package as an add-on. It's about $6 or $7 extra per month and you get Fox Sports networks from all over the country.

I have Dish Network and the Twins are on now on Fox Sports North.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I need some expert advice myself. I have basic Dish Network and my girlfriend has basic Mediacom. Which system (SEIA) should be upgraded in order to watch the clones games this season? We are going live to either UNI or Utah as well.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Most people get a sports network with their basic package from DISH, just a matter of what it is in your area. I get Fox Sports North here in northern Iowa.

Edit: If you get North it would be 436 on DISH

Last edited:

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny

Iowa is a uniqe state because as been mentioned, all 6 of the Midwest MLB teams claim Iowa as part of their home TV market. If you're a diehard Twins fan, the sportspack is the way to go.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
Looks like I'll have to pick up the extra sports pack next spring. I currently get FSN Midwest, but not FSN North. Thanks for the info everyone. Go Clones!

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Hence the home networks. If they're on ESPN/TBS/etc. they'll be blacked out in Iowa because they all claim it as their home territory.

Assuming the game is on a regional channel as well. If the game is only on a national channel, it won't be blacked out.

Last edited: