Flynn deserved and should have been the QB

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
That is some awesome rep there. But yeah, at the time I thought Flynn should have been the qb also. But Mac knows more than I do about football, and I trust his judgement. He bled cardinal and gold and was not playing favorites.

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
Actually i believe flynn was a hell of alot better reciever than qb. I personally prefer meyer at qb over flynn. Plus flynn had the best hands on the team last year. Definatly a better WR than QB

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
Having said that and admitting i always thought he was

overrated i will not join the hysterical doom n gloom lynch mob that are ripping him over last night. He was hideous, but oh well, im sure he will do alot better this yr and be a pretty good qb.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
However the cookie crumbled for Austin Flynn, I'm glad he was able to stay on the field. He turned out to be a great athlete with a great attitude and I'm proud that he wore cardinal and gold for us.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Quarterbackishness not withstanding, I do believe that Flynn got a f***ton more respect and was more well-liked than Meyer.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Flynn could at least take a hit or make a decision with the ball. Meyer probably has more talent but seems like he's never quite "got it" when it comes to thinking on the fly. How many guys did he miss wide open last night AGAIN? You can't blame that on Mac and the "1/3 of the field" BS anymore, he was still locking onto receivers and still missing guys that were so wide open everyone in the stands was yelling it. In the 1st quarter alone he missed what could have been a TD where Blythe had burned his single coverage but he wasn't even looking his way.

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
You've got to be kidding me?!?!

Bret has one crap game and you start thinking about the past??

Austin's move to wideout was for the better.

Bret is/was a better QB than him and Austin was better at WR than QB anyways.

Bret will get it back, guys. He's the offensive leader of this team, he'll get back into his underclassmen form only with more experience, more composure and better passing mechanics.

I believe in him. Don't give up on him after 1 game.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It's not 1 game that I'm judging him on. Not a good way to start a season for Meyer when his 2006 season was nothing to brag about either. He has a nice 2005 season but he did regress last year and we keep waiting for him to break out and just take over a game and he hasn't. I like Meyer, I just wish he'd be more consistent and step up his game and play like we know he has the talent to do. Last night he still showed a lot of the same bad habits with locking onto receivers and not making good or quick decisions with the ball when he got a little pressure. I want Bret to suceed just like everyone else but it's getting old having to wait on him to finally figure it all out. He's a 4th year starter and still making mistakes you'd expect from an inexpirienced QB.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
You've got to be kidding me?!?!

Bret has one crap game and you start thinking about the past??

Austin's move to wideout was for the better.

Bret is/was a better QB than him and Austin was better at WR than QB anyways.

Bret will get it back, guys. He's the offensive leader of this team, he'll get back into his underclassmen form only with more experience, more composure and better passing mechanics.

I believe in him. Don't give up on him after 1 game.

Get what back? He's gone downhill since the UNI game last year. He's like Chris Leak with worse field vision and less ability.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Flynn over Meyer huh? It never ends.

I love Bret Meyer but nobody was more disappointed in him than I was last night. Like Trav says, he keeps repeating his mistakes and it's tough to watch. I'm still holding out hope last night was just "one of those nights" and we will see Bret shine yet this year. No way am I ready to give up on that kid. Flynn was not a QB, nor did he look like one. Granted, he had no chance his freshman year but I don't think its an accident once Meyer became the fulltime starter ISU rattled off wins and ultimately won like 8 of their next 10 games overall during the end of 04 to the start of the 05 season.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006

He has NEVER been a leader of anything. NEVER, period.

That is what we need on the field, a leader. I didn't see anyone that looked like they were leading anything. For the most part it looked like Meyer would have had trouble finding his *** with both hands and a map.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Flynn over Meyer huh? It never ends.

I love Bret Meyer but nobody was more disappointed in him than I was last night. Like Trav says, he keeps repeating his mistakes and it's tough to watch. I'm still holding out hope last night was just "one of those nights" and we will see Bret shine yet this year. No way am I ready to give up on that kid. Flynn was not a QB, nor did he look like one. Granted, he had no chance his freshman year but I don't think its an accident once Meyer became the fulltime starter ISU rattled off wins and ultimately won like 8 of their next 10 games overall during the end of 04 to the start of the 05 season.

Flynn was a quarterback, just not a good one.

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
Howie3310 did u even read my 2nd comment?

Last comment on Flynn..... Flynn was not a great or even real good qb, but it stills gets to me the way Mac handled the qb situation, especially since Flynn was literally dang near killed during his 1st yr.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Re: Howie3310 did u even read my 2nd comment?

Last comment on Flynn..... Flynn was not a great or even real good qb, but it stills gets to me the way Mac handled the qb situation, especially since Flynn was literally dang near killed during his 1st yr.

I actually agree with you on that. Nothing I have seen from Meyer outside of the A&M game would make me think he is any better than Flynn.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Subect: Flynn deserved and should have been the QB

Admit it Meyer was Mac's pet.

overrated i will not join the hysterical doom n gloom lynch mob that are ripping him over last night. He was hideous, but oh well, im sure he will do alot better this yr and be a pretty good qb.

I'm completely lost. Flynn was better than Meyer...then 2nd and 3rd posts saying Flynn wasn't a good QB...but Meyer is a pretty good QB.

Which is it?

Last edited:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
This conversation is irrelevant. Let's respect what Flynn gave to the program and live in the here and now

Ohh I agree, what Flynn did was incredible, he was our #1 receiver the last 2 years, and YES, I am counting Blythe in that.