Toyota of Des Moines

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
I saw this comment on Twitter today, did anyone see this add and be able to explain it to me.

goiowastate
Toyota of Des Moines running anti-Iowa State ad during Orange Bowl - guess I will never buy a car from them

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I have no idea what that's about? I do get annoyed when I watch the Mediacom or Directv commercial, can't remember which one, but the guy is in his hawk gear.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
I think it's referring to a terrible ad that was on during the game with no sound that said the best/favorite/most dependable two teams in the state of Iowa are the Hawkeyes and Toyota of Des Moines. It something along those lines, I forget. I kind of felt the same way when I seen it. I already wouldn't buy a car from TofDM because they pimp Tirrell so much!

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
I didn't really pay attention to that commercial when it was on, just thought it was kinda awkwardly silent.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Just add this as another reason not to shop there.

#1Sales people are the worst in Des Moines
#2They support Marty
#3Toyota has become the GM of the 90's-Reliable but beyond boring cars built for gray hairs. I've owned 3
#4Steve Luebke seems like a dbag-Watch him at any event he attends and you'll see what I mean. I experienced it last year during the barnstomers game.
#5 I've bought from nearly every import car dealer in DM and these guys should make a movie on cheesy sales techniques.

With all this said, I was happy with their service department and all 3 of the Toyota's that I've owned have been bulletproof. If Toyota ever builds an exciting car again I will just buy form someone else.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
IIRC the commercial referred to Iowa and Toyota of DSM as the top 2 teams in the state and who Iowans pull for.
I was a little put off by it myself.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
If Toyota ever builds an exciting car again I will just buy from someone else.
I tried talking to them once on working a trade-in deal and they made me so mad that I swore that I'd never buy a car from that dealership and I haven't. I've since had two Toyota's. Bought one from a private seller and bought the other in Kansas City from a dealer who was running one heck of a special sale on a New Years Eve many moons ago.