G Stuckey
G/F Bolte
F Lightbourne
C Prins

First Subs-
F Zimmerman
G Williams
G Florzak

This is just my guess. Does anyone know what the line up may be.
Or do you have better guesses than me?
Discuss..............

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009
1 Lacey (30)/Cole (10)
2 Williams (16)/Stuckey (20)
3 Bolte (30)/Florzak (8)/Schroll (6)
4 Lightbourne (20)/Poppins (20)
5 Prins (20)/Zimmerman (20)

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
1 Lacey (30)/Cole (10)
2 Williams (16)/Stuckey (20)
3 Bolte (30)/Florzak (8)/Schroll (6)
4 Lightbourne (20)/Poppins (20)
5 Prins (20)/Zimmerman (20)

I mostly agree with this. I think Schroll gets more time than Flo, and either Poppens or Zimmerman starts at 4 with Lightbourne coming off the bench.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Poppens went to the high school that i go to and i have to say. very good ball player, must get her valuable playing time

EHdakota

Jun 16, 2008
Sioux Falls
I mostly agree with this. I think Schroll gets more time than Flo, and either Poppens or Zimmerman starts at 4 with Lightbourne coming off the bench.

Anna will be playing more than half the game. If 20 at the 5, the other 10+ will be at the 4 draining 50% of her 3's. (66% in HS)

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Anna will be playing more than half the game. If 20 at the 5, the other 10+ will be at the 4 draining 50% of her 3's. (66% in HS)

25-27 mpg is pretty typical for a starting 5, and that's what Anna will probably get. Since Angie Welle only one ISU center has averaged over 30 mpg, and that was Brittany Wilkins during her breakout senior season (and she was only barely over 30 mpg). No matter how good Anna is, we have three other post players who deserve a shot at proving themselves as well.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Isn't it fun to have so many options? Clearly any lineup could change based on the opponent without sacrificing win capability.

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
G- Aus
G- Williams
G- Bolte
F- Zimmerman/Poppens
C- Prins

Off the bench..
Lightbourne
Stuckey
Florzak/Cole
Schroll

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
My guess is Prins may not play much the start of this season as she isn't even practicing yet. However, I think BF believes she could be a premiere player in the Big 12. Not too many people can block a 6 foot 7 girls 3 point shot! She's perfect for ISU. Just hope she is tough on the blocks as well. I think she will create a lot of mis match opportunities for the cyclone offense.

Williams is going to be starting at the 2. BF wants her averaging 8pts, and unless Denae's shot has improved drastically, she won't be starting as we have a lot of points to replace.

Cyznutz

Jan 6, 2009
Illinois
My guess is Prins may not play much the start of this season as she isn't even practicing yet. However, I think BF believes she could be a premiere player in the Big 12. Not too many people can block a 6 foot 7 girls 3 point shot! She's perfect for ISU. Just hope she is tough on the blocks as well. I think she will create a lot of mis match opportunities for the cyclone offense.

Williams is going to be starting at the 2. BF wants her averaging 8pts, and unless Denae's shot has improved drastically, she won't be starting as we have a lot of points to replace.

I hope that she's not taking a lot of 3-point shoots! We need a post presences bad! We need her to be a physical AW type!!

EHdakota

Jun 16, 2008
Sioux Falls
I would imagine post players would have to follow Anna out to the arc leaving some nice opportunities under the basket... If not, an easier shot

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I hope that she's not taking a lot of 3-point shoots! We need a post presences bad! We need her to be a physical AW type!!

Welle was fairly physical on offense, but she also played behind the arc plenty. She was 10-35 behind the arc for her career, which is about 1 attempt every 4 games. Not a whole lot, but she did play high post plenty.

EHdakota said:
I would imagine post players would have to follow Anna out to the arc leaving some nice opportunities under the basket... If not, an easier shot

ISU has done this plenty in the past, and I think it would happen even more so with Prins. It especially makes it easier for Lacey and Bolte to post up their defenders.

seadog

Oct 11, 2008
I think Anna will be the 4 and Pop will be the enforcer inside with Zim backing both up.

akaclone

Feb 15, 2007
auss,witt,bolte,prins....and the rest of the girls working into the starting rotation, All at different times before the Big 12 starts. We should still be undefeated with 4 or 5 different starting combinations. Lets just hope they all stay healthy and give us a chance to watch this team to develop!

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
auss,witt,bolte,prins....and the rest of the girls working into the starting rotation, All at different times before the Big 12 starts. We should still be undefeated with 4 or 5 different starting combinations. Lets just hope they all stay healthy and give us a chance to watch this team to develop!

yeah sounds right i think zimmerman starts at the 4 because then Poppens can be the back up of either Zim or Prins because of her size and athletic ability

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron