Fanfest in Ames Tribune

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
My son had his picture taken with Brackins at Fanfest by someone who said he was from the Ames Tribune. He asked my son's name, age, hometown and said it would be in the paper. I haven't seen anything in the Ames Tribune about Fanfest. Did I miss it?

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I think they ran some photos in the print edition, I'll see if we still have our Sunday Tribune. Probably went out with the garbage but maybe I still have it.

Reactions: 1100011CS

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
My son had his picture taken with Brackins at Fanfest by someone who said he was from the Ames Tribune. He asked my son's name, age, hometown and said it would be in the paper. I haven't seen anything in the Ames Tribune about Fanfest. Did I miss it?

Just want to warn you -- just because a photographer from a paper takes the photo and asks for info doesn't automatically mean the photo will appear in the paper. The photographer probably took over a hundred photos at the event.

It may have appeared in the paper, but it is highly likely it didn't. I'm not trying to *** in your Cheerios, but that's usually the way it works.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
You may still want to call the Tribune though. I know the hometown paper where I grew up was really good about providing proofs of anything their photographers shot if you asked for them. It was really nice for high school sports. If it was a good photo, it might be cool to get even if your kid didn't make the paper.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Just want to warn you -- just because a photographer from a paper takes the photo and asks for info doesn't automatically mean the photo will appear in the paper. The photographer probably took over a hundred photos at the event.

It may have appeared in the paper, but it is highly likely it didn't. I'm not trying to *** in your Cheerios, but that's usually the way it works.

I didn't expect it to be in the paper for sure. Just never saw anything about Fanfest on the Tribune website. But still hoping I can get a copy. Thanks to everyone that's IM'd me with info. I have the photographer's email addy and sent him an email.