Man Crush

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Okay, boys. Time to stretch your comfort level just a weeeee bit more. Understand, first of all, that I am a FLAMING heterosexual male. Having said that, let's try the following:

Tell me (and the world, on this semi-anonymous message board) who it is that you have a "man-crush" on. I mean what kind of guy, usually famous, that you'd most like to appear to be like, and if you were a female, who you'd most likely swoon for.

As I started the topic, and have little compunction against embarrassing myself in public, here is mine, barely concealed Man Crush:

tombstone06.png

Sam Elliott. Dude, if I were a chick, I'd be all over him. I'm talking restraining order city. You'd think that look, right there, should be instant pantie remover.

Do you know what his favorite pickup line probably is?

"Hi, I'm Sam Elliott."

I've always thought that man, if I were 7 inches taller, that could be me....

I think when they cast him to play Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley for "We Were Soldiers..." I just about wept for joy. Talk about the right guy for the right part. I remember when I first read the book back in the '80s thinking... Man, they ought to make a movie about this, and CSM Plumley has GOT to be Sam Elliott.

So... c'mon guys, don't be shy.... Who's YOUR Man Crush???

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Okay, boys. Time to stretch your comfort level just a weeeee bit more. Understand, first of all, that I am a FLAMING heterosexual male. Having said that, let's try the following:

Tell me (and the world, on this semi-anonymous message board) who it is that you have a "man-crush" on. I mean what kind of guy, usually famous, that you'd most like to appear to be like, and if you were a female, who you'd most likely swoon for.

As I started the topic, and have little compunction against embarrassing myself in public, here is mine, barely concealed Man Crush:

tombstone06.png

Sam Elliott. Dude, if I were a chick, I'd be all over him. I'm talking restraining order city. You'd think that look, right there, should be instant pantie remover.

Do you know what his favorite pickup line probably is?

"Hi, I'm Sam Elliott."

I've always thought that man, if I were 7 inches taller, that could be me....

I think when they cast him to play Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley for "We Were Soldiers..." I just about wept for joy. Talk about the right guy for the right part. I remember when I first read the book back in the '80s thinking... Man, they ought to make a movie about this, and CSM Plumley has GOT to be Sam Elliott.

So... c'mon guys, don't be shy.... Who's YOUR Man Crush???

Beautiful Day Sergn't Major.:wink:

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
Clint Eastwood in his prime. When he was doing the early Dirty Harry movies and his performance in "the Outlaw Joesy Wales" was awesome. I have friends who have worked on some of his films and say he is a great guy on the set and treats everyone the same regardless of their job.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sam Elliot is plain awesome. I dont know about the "if i were a chick, id be all over him" thing. But I would definitely hang out with the dude. Its really sad that today alot of who we are supposed to idolize on tv and movies are the metro sexual males and pretty boys. The Clint Eastwood types are quickly fading into history.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I too am a straight laced, hetero-male.

But when it comes to women's constant squeeling about Brad Pitt....

I can see it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I too am a straight laced, hetero-male.

But when it comes to women's constant squeeling about Brad Pitt....

I can see it.

Ha ha, he seems like a cool guy. Ill say that. Doesnt come off as a *****.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
These two:

lance-collarboneweak.jpg

I just want to be as athletic as Lance. And MrsBrianHos LOVES MM.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
It's got to be Ryan Seacrest!

I used make fun of this guy every chance I got, but lately he has entertained me. I have listened to his radio show and hes actually funny. I think the tv media made him seem like a ******, but Ive come around. I have some respect for him.