The Numbers: Iowa State 96, Black Hills State 47
The Iowa State men's basketball team began their exhibition season on a positive note Monday night as the Cyclones shot 57.6 percent from the field to defeat Black Hills State 96-47.
Here are some important numbers from the final box score. - LaRon Dendy led Iowa State in scoring on the night with 16 points while collecting six rebounds as well. Dendy was 7-for-12 from the field. He also hit a 3-pointer.
- Craig Brackins came out of the gates on fire in the first half. Brackins scored 14 points for Iowa State while going 3-for-3 from 3-point range.
- The Cyclones were 11-for-16 from 3-point range on the night as a team.
- Newcomer Marquis Gilstrap scored 14 points in the Iowa State win. Gilstrap was 5-of-6 from the field.
- Iowa State out-rebounded Black Hills State 43 to 26.
- Justin Hamilton led the Cyclones in rebounds with seven. He also scored 11 points in 21 minutes of play.
Iowa State will wrap up their exhibition season on Friday night when UNC-Pembroke comes to town. The game will take place in Hilton Coliseum with a 7 p.m. tip.