The following is a press release courtesy of Iowa State athletics communications.
AMES, Iowa – As construction work on the south end zone (SEZ) of Jack Trice Stadium progresses this fall, some fans attending games will notice significant changes related to parking, gate entry, pedestrian traffic flow and other stadium operations.
Iowa State Athletics officials have spent the summer identifying the best ways to accommodate the construction, keep fans safe and deliver the best possible experience.
“With our accelerated construction timetable, it’s imperative that we make major progress on the south end of the stadium throughout the upcoming season,” Chris Jorgensen, Senior Associate AD said. “We are asking for patience and cooperation from fans as the facility undergoes significant changes throughout the season. There will be some modifications to game-day procedures from prior years. Our primary focus is to ensure a safe environment and provide a great game day experience.”
For the upcoming season, the facility will operate differently in the opening five games than the last two contests as construction progresses. Information will be forthcoming on operational changes for the home contests vs. Texas Tech (Nov. 22) and West Virginia (Nov. 29).
The work will affect fans in several ways, but the most prominent are in the following areas:
· The construction staging site will occupy a portion of Lot S2, so total parking inventory has been reduced by more than 100 spaces;
· Approximately 160 single game ADA public parking spots will be available in lots S2 and S3 at the south end of the stadium. The ADA spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The patrons parking in those lots must enter the stadium at the north end (because of SEZ construction) and courtesy carts will be available at Gate 3 to transport those fans to the north end.
· Entrances through the south gates will be constrained. Unless you are sitting in the SEZ bleachers or hillsides, the most efficient route into the stadium will be through Gate 4 (West) or Gate 2 (East).
o Walking paths (inside Gate 3) will provide access to the hillsides and bleachers at the south end of the stadium;
· Temporary way finding signage will be added to aid fans;
· Pedestrian access between the east and west sections of the stadium will be limited;
· There will be limited concessions availability and restrooms in the south end zone;
· All mobility-impaired fans must enter the stadium from the north end of Jack Trice Stadium this season. As stated previously, courtesy carts will be available (at Gate 3) to transport individuals needing assistance from lots S2 and S3 to the north end for stadium entry. Once inside the stadium, courtesy carts for those fans needing assistance will also be available to transport individuals to the top of the concourse ramps.
· There will be no single-game sales at the south end of the stadium this fall. If available, tickets may be purchased at the ticket trailer near Gate 5 (north end);
· Given the limited seating area on the hillsides, activities like throwing footballs, etc. will be discouraged.